Home

Support or Against Podcast

This is a discussion on Support or Against Podcast within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: For or Against Podcasts
For Podcasts 65 78.31%
Against Podcasts 18 21.69%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #25
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Support or Against Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Anyone who thought that franchise mode was going to be equal to or better than that of Head Coach really needed to take a reality check. We all knew, at least I thought we were all smart enough to realize, that it was going to take several years to achieve the level we all want it to be.

The bolded is key. We have no new information. To simply base a decision on what 12 will be off of the podcast is just plain silly.

Agreed, they should stop doing them or at least having them posted here at OS. Because no matter what they say, its not gonna be good enough for this crowd. And you yourself have already said that you are no longer going to comment on the podcasts because of what they offer and said that its apparent that Madden is never going to be the game you want it to be, so why continually post in the forum? If its not for you, move along. Surely you have better things to do.
First past, not just that franchise won't be the enitre head coach 09 that's a granted most would agree. As I said, online franchise is a long term goal, ie.. don't expect much for online franchise.

It may be premature to completely bag madden 12, but I don't like what I'm hearing, didn't like madden 10, or 11 and I'm voicing my concerns.

For your last part, madden probably isn't going to be the game I want but I love football and before purchasing my ps3, never went without the newest football titles..all of them. Since Madden is the only football game coming out for the next god knows how many years, the only option I really have is to follow this game's progress and hope Madden completely floors me next August even if I absolutely hate every version that has been delivered on these systems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #26
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
First past, not just that franchise won't be the enitre head coach 09 that's a granted most would agree. As I said, online franchise is a long term goal, ie.. don't expect much for online franchise.
considering that online franchise didn't go over as well as they anticipated, and myself actually, its not surprising that its being moved to the back burner per se, if that is actually what they are doing.

Quote:
It may be premature to completely bag madden 12, but I don't like what I'm hearing, didn't like madden 10, or 11 and I'm voicing my concerns.
I'd say it is premature. We have no information on the game, none. The podcasts are just an insight, what features, fixes, additions, subtractions the game has remains to be seen. I'm not sure that bagging 12 right now or complaining about the podcasts which really provide no information other than background and decision making is the right way to go. I didn't like Madden '11, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to hold a grudge against Madden 12. I'll wait to see what it is and then decide.

Quote:
For your last part, madden probably isn't going to be the game I want but I love football and before purchasing my ps3, never went without the newest football titles..all of
them. Since Madden is the only football game coming out for the next god knows how many years, the only option I really have is to follow this game's progress and hope Madden completely floors me next August even if I absolutely hate every version that has been delivered on these systems.
Why not pick up 2k5 with updated rosters? Or just play an older Madden game you did enjoy? Isn't that better than putting all your eggs into the basket of a series that you've been disappointed with since its inception on the current consoles?

I still have Madden '05 and have been playing it to get my pro football fix. Sure its not updated, but its better than playing thru a game I dislike or not playing at all in my opinion.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #27
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Why not pick up 2k5 with updated rosters? Or just play an older Madden game you did enjoy? Isn't that better than putting all your eggs into the basket of a series that you've been disappointed with since its inception on the current consoles?

I still have Madden '05 and have been playing it to get my pro football fix. Sure its not updated, but its better than playing thru a game I dislike or not playing at all in my opinion.
I currently rotate between 2k5, Madden 08, Tecmo Throwback, APF and very rarely...Backbreaker. Like I said, I'm passionate about football.

Bottom line each of those options has a fatal flaw. Either there is no updated rostes, no HD graphics, no NFL or I have simply played them out. Tough to play any title for several years straight and not get bored of them.

I don't exactly have all my eggs in the Madden 12 basket, but I haven't had a new game I liked in 3 years. I'm desperate for a new football game I actually enjoy. I suspect most of the Madden "haters" on the internet have similar feelings on this. Not all of them (including me) are very good at expressing it most of the time.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:57 PM   #28
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I currently rotate between 2k5, Madden 08, Tecmo Throwback, APF and very rarely...Backbreaker. Like I said, I'm passionate about football.

Bottom line each of those options has a fatal flaw. Either there is no updated rostes, no HD graphics, no NFL or I have simply played them out. Tough to play any title for several years straight and not get bored of them.

I don't exactly have all my eggs in the Madden 12 basket, but I haven't had a new game I liked in 3 years. I'm desperate for a new football game I actually enjoy. I suspect most of the Madden "haters" on the internet have similar feelings on this. Not all of them (including me) are very good at expressing it most of the time.
I guess. I still play College Hoops 2k8 to this day, however old it is, still play Madden '05, ASB '05(Louisville Horsemen baby!) as well as several Nintendo games. For me, a good game is a game that I never get tired of playing. No HD graphics, no updated rosters, it doesn't matter.

Hopefully Madden '12 will give you some comfort so that you can enjoy playing a new game again.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 11

It doesn't have to be either/or.

In the other thread, Ian said that if people got "fired up" listening to the podcasts, they were welcome not to listen to them. Fair point.

I submit it goes both ways. If Ian gets "fired up" reading a thread discussing the podcasts because he believes some of the responses are unreasonable (no matter how respectfully stated), then he should be welcome not to read through that thread.

Seems like a win-win to me: EA releases the podcasts and those who don't want to listen to them are welcome not to. Likewise, he is then welcome to not read the threads discussing it.

Everybody wins.

Last edited by Flamehead; 12-12-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:15 PM   #30
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
It doesn't have to be either/or.

In the other thread, Ian said that if people got "fired up" listening to the podcasts, they were welcome not to listen to them. Fair point.

I submit it goes both ways. If Ian gets "fired up" reading a thread discussing the podcasts because he believes some of the responses are unreasonable (no matter how respectfully stated), then he should be welcome not to read through that thread.

Seems like a win-win to me: EA releases the podcasts and those who don't want to listen to them are welcome not to. Likewise, he is then welcome not read the threads discussing it.

Everybody wins.
In an ideal world, that would work, but we don't live in an ideal world.

We all know that there are some people that didn't even listen to the podcast and piggy backed their feedback onto others. At least one poster admitted to that and I'm sure there are more. We can eliminate the people that listened to it, but thought it was a waste of time. They had an option to listen or not listen to the podcast and choose to listen to the whole podcast.

And we know that not all negative comments are constructive, either.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
In an ideal world, that would work, but we don't live in an ideal world.
True, but there shouldn't be allowances for double-standards either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2010, 07:20 PM   #32
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
True, but there shouldn't be allowances for double-standards either.
If all the post were constructive, I wouldn't have an issue with what you are saying, but they all aren't constructive.

All of that over a podcast in December.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »