Home

Support or Against Podcast

This is a discussion on Support or Against Podcast within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
View Poll Results: For or Against Podcasts
For Podcasts 65 78.31%
Against Podcasts 18 21.69%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2010, 03:35 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Support or Against Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
being honest about the chances of something happening in the near future becomes "managing expectations" (which it is, but what's wrong with that?).
Guess you'll have to ask Ian, as he was the one that took exception to it. As far as what's wrong with it? Inherently nothing. But the context of the quote has been covered ad-nauseum in the other thread, so you can draw your own conclusions from there.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:40 PM   #50
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

Who are these idiots that are against the Podcasts and raggin on Ian and the boys?

I mean really, even though we can't get concrete info on Madden 12, they're still giving insight on their philosophy and plans. Damn people, get a grip and enjoy them for what they are.

This is why community intereaction is so difficult. Because we make it so.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:44 PM   #51
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule
Who are these idiots that are against the Podcasts and raggin on Ian and the boys?

I mean really, even though we can't get concrete info on Madden 12, they're still giving insight on their philosophy and plans. Damn people, get a grip and enjoy them for what they are.

This is why community intereaction is so difficult. Because we make it so.
Idiots is a little strong, IMO, but I get your point. OS has really highlighted for me how people have so many contrasting POVs. I feel nobody should be actually against the podcasts continuing, even if they don't like them. I don't see why people would want something they can just ignore, to not exist anymore. LOL

I think the POV from the people who are voting against the podcast is that they think the podcasts have little value. I can respect that opinion but that is not a good reason to want them stopped so nobody can listen to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 05:52 PM   #52
EA Game Changer

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
Idiots is a little strong, IMO, but I get your point. OS has really highlighted for me how people have so many contrasting POVs. I feel nobody should be actually against the podcasts continuing, even if they don't like them. I don't see why people would want something they can just ignore, to not exist anymore. LOL

I think the POV from the people who are voting against the podcast is that they think the podcasts have little value. I can respect that opinion but that is not a good reason to want them stopped so nobody can listen to them.
I actually wrote that out wrong and gave the wrong message. I'm not saying the people who vote no in this poll are idiots, I meant the people that are causing a fuss towards Ian because of no features being mentioned for Madden 12 and thus find the podcast useless. It's only December come on. If you expect to hear the 'x' for M12 at this point, you're not going to be hearing it for a while. If you’re already going to be calling M12 a failed Madden, your making that assumption off of nothing.
>
I like the podcast, and want them to continue. Don't let a vocal minority ruin the experience for the majority of us.>
Old 12-13-2010, 09:17 PM   #53
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Well I support the podcasts because alot here want them so they should go ahead if possible.

However I don't think there were many if any posts in the other thread complaining about the lack of real info. Most of the negative posts were because they didn't like what they heard in the podcast which for some reason is unacceptable because no features for M12 were talked about.
What was mentioned was time constraints. It takes 3 times as long to add some things now as it used to. The code left by the previous team is making it difficult for some things. I got the impression the team isn't as big as it used to be. Online is much bigger now meaning it takes resouces away from offline modes. The suits are really stressing online. Why exactly do I have to like that? Most people didn't like it but Ian decides to stop the podcasts and we're a bunch of idiots and are just looking for ammo.
If there is a podcast #4 and I don't like it (which is possible) I won't post because I don't want to stop them since so many here want them. But think it's a bit ridiculous that now seems to be a condition of the podcasts.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:31 PM   #54
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576

I see where you're coming from with your post and I can dig it. I wasn't responding to protest the podcast. Honestly, I could care less whether they continued or not. I took the poll as meaning do you care whether the podcast continues or not, which I don't. I guess there should be a third "don't care either way" option for the poll. That would definitely be where my vote is. Since there isn't one, "against podcasts" seemed more suitable for me. I'm not actually against it though. For those, like yourself, that want to hear it, I would not be so selfish as to say stop doing the podcasts for everyone. Like I said in my earlier post, I actually listened to the first 2, but I just feel that it isn't for me until they are talking about something substantial(to me). I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that feels this way. I wouldn't think that anyone would actually be AGAINST the podcasts. That option just fits better than the other option that we have. I'm sure most of the "against podcast" people would vote in the "don't care either way" option if there was one.

Last edited by splff3000; 12-13-2010 at 10:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »