Home

Comeback AI is alive and well

This is a discussion on Comeback AI is alive and well within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2003, 09:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Comeback AI is alive and well

For all this talk of improved DB and defense as a whole, it all still seems to go out the window once you get to the 2 minute mark. All of a sudden the guys who just intercepted and knocked down everything can't do anything while at the same time the quarterback who can't make a decent pass is spot on. This is Madden. Its supposed to come down to the wire, I just get annoyed by it. It's still a fun game no doubt about it, but if NCAA can make a game exciting without the cheating AI, Madden should be able to too. Just my 2 pennies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2003, 09:08 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Comeback AI is alive and well

classic madden comeback AI.

I find it funny people think that blatant cheating like that equals to good gameplay.

Before anyone rags on me being a "madden *****" I loved madden 2003 and will probably get madden 2004. The fact remains that EA incorporates cheesy *** comeback AI which is silly.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:09 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I konw what you mean I was Dallas and I had washington down 35-0 at halftime and next thing you know its tied with like a minute and thirty seconds left and it takes a last drive for me to win the game.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:57 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've always stayed away from threads like this but no longer quiet anymore. Anybody who is up 35-0 & lets a team comeback to tie is not a victim to cheating but simply needs to reform their game. The compu has comeback on me before but so have I comeback on them. And I play on Madden level. There is no Comeback AI. People just make bonehead plays & wrong calls. Play smart, mix it up, throw it away, take a sack & nick & dime it & then go for homeruns. I guess this has happened to everyone except me. When I lose to the compu, it's legit.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:58 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

yeah,
WTF!!!!!!its worse than last year???????????????????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2003, 10:01 AM   #6
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

eugreene2 said:
I've always stayed away from threads like this but no longer quiet anymore. Anybody who is up 35-0 & lets a team comeback to tie is not a victim to cheating but simply needs to reform their game. The compu has comeback on me before but so have I comeback on them. And I play on Madden level. There is no Comeback AI. People just make bonehead plays & wrong calls. Play smart, mix it up, throw it away, take a sack & nick & dime it & then go for homeruns. I guess this has happened to everyone except me. When I lose to the compu, it's legit.

Yeah. It's MY fault that I fumble the ball TWICE late in the game with a fresh back that is SUPPOSED to have good hands... Even some of the worst Maddenites don't deny the comeback logic man. Get over it. It's there. It works both ways. Live with it.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:07 AM   #7
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:

Boilerbuzz said:
Quote:

eugreene2 said:

Yeah. It's MY fault that I fumble the ball TWICE late in the game with a fresh back that is SUPPOSED to have good hands... Even some of the worst Maddenites don't deny the comeback logic man. Get over it. It's there. It works both ways. Live with it.

How did you fumble the ball? Where you trying a spin or juke move as Ray Lewis was making a hit on him?

Tell us how the fumbles went please. Was he just running and dropped the ball? Was it raining? Who was the ball carrier? How much energy did he have? Who forced the fumble?

All of this would help.

Old 08-13-2003, 10:18 AM   #8
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

MaddenMan said:
Quote:

Boilerbuzz said:
Quote:

eugreene2 said:

How did you fumble the ball? Where you trying a spin or juke move as Ray Lewis was making a hit on him?

Tell us how the fumbles went please. Was he just running and dropped the ball? Was it raining? Who was the ball carrier? How much energy did he have? Who forced the fumble?

All of this would help.

Let's understand something guys - I've been playing Madden since the first blocky incarnation. I know this game. I love this game. I'm not going to whine if I put a tired back on the field and try to do a spin move versus Ray Lewis and whine about fumbling the ball. But a fresh Eddie George or Marshall Faulk should NOT fumble the ball being hit on the opposite of the ball by some scrubby corner. Especially when I'm not doing a special move.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »