Home

Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2010, 10:54 AM   #33
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Any impressions on Play Action, Option Read, and PA Read plays?

Specifically, does Madden now have the PA insta-sack issue that NCAA had?
When I played the demo , and then Madden retail for like an hour after I bought it - it had this. Do you mean to tell me they patched it IN to NCAA? Ugh...I just want to play football .
Old 12-14-2010, 11:05 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty_Panthers#1
the defense kind of got worse to me, my running game dominates even more now.
Not sure what roster you're playing with, but the Panthers should have a dominant run game with two 90+ rated HB's

btw, like your sign - but it should say better "Luck" next year... LOL
Old 12-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #35
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Maybe it's just my imagination but the pass rush from the right defensive end seems to be better.
This is another thing that killed my Madden buzz. I think I'm going to fire it up tonight and check this out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #36
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I didn't really notice or focus on the why part. I'll take a look at it again. All I know is that Starks finished with 22 carries for 42 yds. Maybe that is par for the course for the Pack as they are more of a passing team. I just noticed the blitzes and DL blow up the OL on running plays.

Giants, I just know that the Madden teams test the game on All-Pro. That's why I start from there and usually end up on Custom sliders. I'm a nut when it comes to stats. I will now test games to get that 4.2 yds per rush, 60% passing, etc.....

JVM some sliders affect the outcome on ALL Pro. For instance, if you lower Int's, you will have less int's, lower QB Accuracy, you will have lower QBA, etc...... You need to be careful as one slider might offset another one.

Draw plays do work out of shotgun formation.
Which sliders have no effect using All-Pro? By the way, I would be interested in knowing what you've done to the sliders. You could send me a private message...
Old 12-14-2010, 12:29 PM   #37
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Overall vs. the cpu on All-Pro the game feels faster. I have not found it difficult to run counters, draws, or out of the shotgun (with the Eagles). Actually the cpu defenses' aggressiveness oftentimes gets defenders caught in the wash enabling you to break runs.

Play action is fine. Just call plays at the right time. Maybe it's just my imagination but the pass rush from the right defensive end seems to be better.
Have you or anyone tried using Quick Pass or other audibles and found an issue?
Old 12-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #38
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Details, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Zone coverage has improved, some what......

Deep ball is open all game long. Linebackers and corners sit on the 5 yard and 10 yard out routes, but that is basically the only routes they cover is the underneath short stuff. Any play that is a streak or post route beyond 10 yards and it is 1 on 1 coverage. Safeties be too shallow.

Counters don't work, get blown up in the backfield

Toss runs don't work, defenders get in the backfield too fast

Running out of the shotgun don't work, blown up in the backfield.

DT, DE and at least 1 linebacker gets into the backfield 2 seconds after you snap the ball and that is on NON BLITIZING PLAYS.

Every time I snap the ball with Brady 2 linemen are instantly in my face.

The only running plays that has a chance of working is the dives and power O.

From what I seen only one game, the only thing this patch did was eliminate the cheese plays passes that goes out to the RBs, FBs and 5 yard out routes people do online. Streaks, deep post routes, hell anything deep open all day.

If you can avoid the rush, which I hope people have gotten good with the evade stick and have a speedy WR, it will be bombs away. 1 on 1 coverage, the DB always get beat.

All Madden Play now against the Jags.
Best thing with the toss play is pick the play first. If the AI D is overloading the side you are running to. Hit the rightstick to the left or right to change the running pattern which way it was going to at first to the other side where the overload ain't and then motion your tightend over o the other side and you should be able to run the toss with some success. Depending on strong and fast and good that D is tho.

For as the Shotgun set goes. What the problem is with shotgun is one you are forced to dropback 3 steps before taking control of the QB and also the pass rush blocking in Shotgun set is pretty much crappy. The pass rush blocking for Shotgun has to be redone and the Auto QB dropback passing needs to go aswell.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:02 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

did they add the feature to make edits to players in offline franchise?
Old 12-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #40
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Here are my thoughts on the update. The AI D is somewhat been dumb down. You can now lob passes downfield to your WR and most of the time he is going to catch it and you also have more time in the pocket. To much time to be honest. But the User D got smart for some reason and I kind of like it but blowing out the AI no fun. I like it better before the patch. All pro Default sliders with patch 1.05 makes is more easy to play agaist the AI overall. They really need to work on AI this coming year and make it better. Hmm feel like there is no challenge now agaist the AI unless I try playing on all madden. The AI D gives ups to many easy plays in the middle of the field now unlike before the patch. Hmmm If anyone comes up with some good sliders to make the AI good again on all pro settings. Please let me know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »