Home

Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2010, 02:43 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. Your statement does not pertain to everyone. Not everyone is as skilled as you so therefore the experience they have will not have the same results. I for one have roughly 50/50 win-loss vs the cpu.

I've used PM's sliders and the challenge is there for me. I don't use house rules I play a sim game through and through. I bet you can tweak sliders on Pro and get a sim like exp depending on your skill level. Your above statement is debatable. Peace!!!
Very true. Good evening gentlemen, classic responses I suppose. Some like it, some dont. Some going to the extreme saying they cant run anymore, some going to the extreme the other way saying its too easy, lol.

Extremes, extremes! Lets get some reasoning in here. I have to go to work now, check me out in a couple of hours and I'll give the level headed dudes some real feedback (no bias for or against) to work with. One time.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:44 PM   #50
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 11 Title Update #5 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRiCKY_J
If I had a offline chise prior to the patch do I need to restart to get the benefits of sed patch?sry if thats a dumb question

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
I asked the same question and was told you do not need to restart.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #51
Rookie

deadly738's Arena

OVR: 0

My observations after playing one game with the patch... Ravens (me) vs Steelers (cpu), all-pro, default settings, gamespeed on normal

- There seems to be more dropped passes now. I had a few wide open WRs who dropped money passes. They always caught those passes pre-patch 1.05.
- Play Action appears to be a little harder, but not impossible. Smart defenders will sniff it out & get in your face immediately.
- Running seems a little easier for both the CPU & User, but the long runs seem less. What I mean is... it appears easier to get 5-8 yard gains, but harder to break off the long run.
- Defenders react quicker. Lots of tipped/batted away passes for both CPU & User.
- Defenders seem to be in better position to make the play. There is lot of tight coverage + the quicker reaction times.
- Blitzing seems a little better. You have to make quicker decisions than before.

Overall, it does make the defense better & presents more of a challenge when trying to move the ball. It should help with User vs User games. But playing against the CPU, it does not change the game much. Good players will still almost always beat the CPU.

The final score in my game was Ravens-22, Steelers-7. It was a defensive struggle until the 3rd quarter, when I completed a 54 yard screen pass to Rice to set up a 1 yard TD run to make it 19-0 & "put the game out of reach".

Last edited by deadly738; 12-14-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #52
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Alright back to topic.

I play All-Pro with Playmakers pre post season sliders. I play with the no switch rule on defense as well as no user catches or user picks unless the player I chose has theball come to them then I will go for the user pick. I play a pure sim game and I don't exploit the cpu. I call a very diverse playbook and rarely audible or hot route if ever.

So with that said I went home for lunch (yes I am that close to my office) downloaded the patch and fired up my chise.

Dolphins vs Bills

I crushed them (as I should have) 42-17. However the game was 21-17 at the half.

I noticed 2 things. My RE and ROLB had much more zip in their pass rush. I was finally able to get sacks. Cameron Wake had 2 and Koa Misi had 1. 5 total sacks...hope that is not the norm but it was great to have a pass rush...so I can see some tweak downs of my pass rush and tweak up of the cpu pass blocking.

All in all...very pleased.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 12-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kng23rich
All Madden is garbage, all it does is give you an unrealistic challenge. On all madden all the players play above their ratings/attributes so even the garbage players play better. You can easily get a great experience on all pro if you play a sim game. Just because it isn't to you doesn't mean it isn't to others.

Well I understand that not all madden players are meant for All Madden. But like you call All Madden garbage, I can call All Pro garbage.

I dont play with house rules, I play straigh sim all the time in any sports game.

Sure All Madden gives the cpu an added boost to the cpu players but how does All pro differ when the human player is the All Madden boost to the human side of things on All pro.

People need to realize that a human is always going to be better then the A.I

If you tweak the sliders on All Madden, you get the cpu to play like it has an idea of what football is.

On All Pro you cannot because the cpu plays zero defense in terms of awareness. It has been like that for years with this series.

It is not in games like NBA 2k11. The pro level in that game is very challenging.

In Madden unless you play with modified All Madden sliders, the cpu is easy to beat by just going through the motions.

I love a sim experience just like the next guy, but winning every game is not sim or fun
Old 12-14-2010, 04:25 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Alright back to topic.

I play All-Pro with Playmakers pre post season sliders. I play with the no switch rule on defense as well as no user catches or user picks unless the player I chose has theball come to them then I will go for the user pick. I play a pure sim game and I don't exploit the cpu. I call a very diverse playbook and rarely audible or hot route if ever.

So with that said I went home for lunch (yes I am that close to my office) downloaded the patch and fired up my chise.

Dolphins vs Bills

I crushed them (as I should have) 42-17. However the game was 21-17 at the half.

I noticed 2 things. My RE and ROLB had much more zip in their pass rush. I was finally able to get sacks. Cameron Wake had 2 and Koa Misi had 1. 5 total sacks...hope that is not the norm but it was great to have a pass rush...so I can see some tweak downs of my pass rush and tweak up of the cpu pass blocking.

All in all...very pleased.

My point above. How is crushing anybody in nfl football realistic. As I recalled when the Bills and dolphins played first game of the year it was like a 4 point dolphin win.

Dolphins will never score 44 on any team even the bills.

This is not NCAA football. You dont see crazy beatings in the NFL. and that is all you get on all pro.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #55
Banned

I can almost assure that if all who played on all pro posted their season stats, regardless of the team they picked, they would be top 5 on defense and offense.

You might think it was sim the way it happened but the result was still the same at the end. 98% more wins then loses and top 5 on both sides of the ball with defense and offense regardless of who you played with
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #56
Rookie

crabcola's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
My point above. How is crushing anybody in nfl football realistic. As I recalled when the Bills and dolphins played first game of the year it was like a 4 point dolphin win.

Dolphins will never score 44 on any team even the bills.

This is not NCAA football. You dont see crazy beatings in the NFL. and that is all you get on all pro.

I'm actually starting to warm to this process. I have been stuck on pro for so long almost blindly (granted I play with the Rams), but there are too many unrealistic thrashings. When I use the Eagles on pro with custom sliders, the CPU doesn't stand a chance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »