Home

Whoever does not like this game....

This is a discussion on Whoever does not like this game.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2003, 11:45 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: Whoever does not like this game....

I couldn't agree more with that statement. I was about to take it back but kept playing it and now it's a keeper

I'm still getting ESPN Football 2K4 but Madden 2004 is still better than last years. This time i'm going to keep Madden 2004 and NCAA 2004 just in case next year is more of the same.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:45 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Quote:

SDathlete said:
Ok one quick question, what happened to the pocket passing in this game on ALL-PRO. What makes this game so frustrating is the fact that the pass rush is more difficult and the db AI is too difficult. I'd glady accept one or the other, but not both! Do you guys just run the ball all the time or drop back 20 yards and use playmaker to pass?. I only have about 1.5-2 seconds in the pocket before getting sacked, which is definately not enough time to throw the ball. And please don't tell me to adjust the sliders cause I play primarily online and sliders won't work there.

This is realistic. If you want to play games that slow everything down for you, and make it way to easy, go back to 2003.

Weird I could of sworn that in the NFL qbs had around 2.5-3.0 seconds in the pocket, depending on how good the O-Line was.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:53 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:

Weird I could of sworn that in the NFL qbs had around 2.5-3.0 seconds in the pocket, depending on how good the O-Line was.

That's about right and in reality 2-3 seconds time goes by real quick. I guess we could adjust the Pass Blocking sliders. Too me this years game speed feels just about right to me. Guys are real fast in the NFL today, so I can except the game speed in Madden 2004 even if it might be a slightly exaggerated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2003, 12:08 PM   #12
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

One thing that i have noticed about the CPU defensive play calling is that they love to blitz the QB's blind side which doesn't give you much time to look way down field for those long passes that we are ever so use to seeing in Madden. One way to counter this would be to leave your hb,fb or te in the back field to block and step up in the pocket if you can. Mix up your playing calling up with draws which can really screw the computer over and lead to big gains. EA really forces you to think this year
Old 08-13-2003, 12:11 PM   #13
Rookie

blkprince04's Arena

OVR: 6

i'm very happy with the purchase of madden2004. this is a very good footall game the speed is correct just like an NFL QB you have to make quick decisions even with a good O-line you will have a little extra time to pass but not much. i'm loving this game especially since a returned madden 2003 on the second day of release so madden 2004 is very fresh for me and for those who have dolby surround sound its AWESOME......
Old 08-13-2003, 12:15 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

You guys might be right this madden is just way different then any other before it and i have decided also to not take it back. i think this is gonna be the most enjoyable madden gameplay wise just casue im gonan be geting my *** handed to me so much. I like that and after playing it more like im gonna start doing (I still LOVE Ncaa to death) this madden has really been improved and if you keep playing you'll find the differences from this years compared to last years.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:20 PM   #15
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

I hope you're right that it will grow on me. I love the Owner Mode but the gameplay doesn't seem as good as last year's in the aspect of realism. We were told more emphasis was being put on improving the defense but I haven't had any varied scores or low scoring games. I hope it's just a coincidence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2003, 12:21 PM   #16
Pro

Catman24's Arena

OVR: 5

I've played maybe 5 games so far. This game is harder than previous years, but I think that is what make it so great. I love to think. And this game makes me think. A person just can't sit back in the pocket and wing pass all over the place. Its like playing checkers you have to plan your next move while getting a feeling of what the other team is trying to do. In other games. I have used maybe about 5 plays to get things accomplished. In this game I've use about 5 plays in six different formations. I punt a lot in this game. 8 to 10 play drives are very common for me. The cpu is very smarta, and I like that. Right now am playing in all pro mode. And I don't see myself going any higher than that. Maybe I will tweak my sliders a little here or there, but thats about it. I dont want to get bored with the game. I believe this years game will keep me interested for a long time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »