Home

Is this because of the new patch?

This is a discussion on Is this because of the new patch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #41
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Is this because of the new patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I'm so confused. Doesn't every QB have THREE THA ratings? What's his SAC, MAC, and DAC ratings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
Don't those ratings provide THA? I am talking rookie QB who has no progression.

I can tell you his SAC and MAC are lower than 85 and DAC lower than 70. His THA is 52.
What are they actually though? Because lower than 85, and lower than 70, shouldn't equal 52... and the SAC MAC DAC stat set is what actually determines accuracy in this game. Maybe the game just made a math error when computing those 3 to avg THA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazztrumpet5
Before this gets all kinds of out of hand, can we get some comparison numbers from the other QBs in your franchise, and the actual 3 accuracy ratings and awareness of your "anomaly" QB? If Derek Anderson, Jimmy Claussen, your guy and others like them are all consistently putting up massive Marino-esque numbers, then we have something to talk about.

At least meet us halfway here, man. Coming in kicking and screaming doesn't help.
I'd like to see how some other QB's are doing too...maybe the league just went pass happy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #42
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
The THA rating doesn't work any more in Madden, right? It may be used for sim purposes but it doesn't do anything in game.

It's been replaced by short, medium, deep, play action and throw on the run accuracy.

I don't think the game even uses math to determine THA, it's just an arbitrary number.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:07 PM   #43
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
The THA rating doesn't work any more in Madden, right? It may be used for sim purposes but it doesn't do anything in game.

It's been replaced by short, medium, deep, play action and throw on the run accuracy.

I don't think the game even uses math to determine THA, it's just an arbitrary number.
DAC, MAC, SAC are used in-game, THA does nothing.

THA is used in sim-engine. DAC, MAC, SAC do nothing.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:23 PM   #44
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

So my question is he simming or playing? I'm also confused about this because I think in his other thread, he's playing.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #45
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
So my question is he simming or playing? I'm also confused about this because I think in his other thread, he's playing.
There were games simmed that I won and were not saved. The point of my making LE a QB was to LOSE! I played the games you see in the pictures posted in the other thread. There were other games I played as well, and with LE as QB, I did not take pictures of every single game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 06:49 PM   #46
JVM
Banned

Quote:
Now you are confusing me. I sim games of other teams. I do not play every game for all teams--I just play games for my team.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #47
JVM
Banned

Quote:
What are they actually though? Because lower than 85, and lower than 70, shouldn't equal 52... and the SAC MAC DAC stat set is what actually determines accuracy in this game. Maybe the game just made a math error when computing those 3 to avg THA?

I'd like to see how some other QB's are doing too...maybe the league just went pass happy?
The league didn't go pass happy. That season is over and I am now at the draft in the following season. I can tell you this amazing rookie did not go over 3000 yards in his second season, around 27-2800.

Have I attacked someones dog? Seems like lots of attacking on me here--even closing threads without giving me a chance to reply.

I play the game and report what I see. What is troubling you guys here?
Old 12-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #48
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

If the guy didn't break 3,000 his second year and only got to that number as a rookie because of one monster game, then I don't know... that sounds pretty plausible to me.

And maybe I missed it, but I didn't see the SAC, MAC, DAC posted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »