Home

LE, K, and P winning at QB!

This is a discussion on LE, K, and P winning at QB! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2010, 03:12 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: LE, K, and P winning at QB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malignant
Interesting thread, so I thought I'd try some of the suggestions on NFL 2K5.

Decided to sim a season with the Chargers after reducing the stats for all their O-lineman.

L.Tomlinson finished the season with just 647 yards on 240 carries for an average of just 2.7 yards a carry. His longest run was just 7 yards.

Drew Brees finished the season with the most sacks in the NFL with 79 (A.J. Feeley was second with 56)
Yeah because thats a realistic game lol...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2010, 05:20 PM   #26
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by morieeel
Maybe theres a way to get EA marketing to run a Lineman playing to their ratings promotion campaign. This has going on for years with Madden and Head Coach but never gets addressed.
In HC ratings mattered in the OL
Old 12-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malignant
Interesting thread, so I thought I'd try some of the suggestions on NFL 2K5.

Decided to sim a season with the Chargers after reducing the stats for all their O-lineman.

L.Tomlinson finished the season with just 647 yards on 240 carries for an average of just 2.7 yards a carry. His longest run was just 7 yards.

Drew Brees finished the season with the most sacks in the NFL with 79 (A.J. Feeley was second with 56)

Game. Set. Match.

Cant wait til 2013.

"I study film like a coach and listen like a rookie"

---Ray Lewis
Old 12-23-2010, 03:31 PM   #28
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

with ratings in madden having no real effect on gameplay, franchise is dull and boring. There isn't a slider set around that can fix it either. I don't have to worry about contracts for star receivers, when drafting the fastest, tallest player available will fill the void easily. I don't have to pamper my star running back, because simply drafting a back with speed in the upper 40 times will suffice just as well. I don't need to know or even see the players so scouting is useless, and even if there were a combine it would only be superficial. I can go undefeated every year, with a faceless nameless team that only sports the uniform of my favorite team.

Who needs free agents? I'll just pick up the scraps that the other teams leave behind, sign them to one year deals and dump them the following year replenishing from the draft the same way I did before. This may work for the Patriots, but the other 31 teams in the NFL don't seem capable of winning with that type of formula and neither should I.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #29
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
with ratings in madden having no real effect on gameplay, franchise is dull and boring. There isn't a slider set around that can fix it either. I don't have to worry about contracts for star receivers, when drafting the fastest, tallest player available will fill the void easily. I don't have to pamper my star running back, because simply drafting a back with speed in the upper 40 times will suffice just as well. I don't need to know or even see the players so scouting is useless, and even if there were a combine it would only be superficial. I can go undefeated every year, with a faceless nameless team that only sports the uniform of my favorite team.

Who needs free agents? I'll just pick up the scraps that the other teams leave behind, sign them to one year deals and dump them the following year replenishing from the draft the same way I did before. This may work for the Patriots, but the other 31 teams in the NFL don't seem capable of winning with that type of formula and neither should I.
My take is pretty much what you said about ratings. From what I see, the user's OL operates differently than the CPU's OL. Example: my guard will turn away when defensive player is coming at him. Is he afraid of getting hurt? Does he have a bet on the game--to lose? Next we have the CPU's OL coming out 5-10 yards to block a LB so the RB gets through. My team never does that regardless of the fact I have the best OL.

Look at the fielders in MLB The Show and you see very realistic things happening. Look at the Offensive like play in Madden 11 and what do you see?

Some day there will be a choice for NFL video games...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »