Home

Coaching Scheme

This is a discussion on Coaching Scheme within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Coaching Scheme

I control all 32 teams and can say for certain that switching a cpu controlled team to a 3-4 will have an effect on simulated stats. Generally, OLBs will get more sacks and DEs will get less. Also, be mindful of that glitch everyone mentioned. Once you switch your scheme, if you want to change another team's, you have to back out of the screen, change teams then re-enter otherwise all teams will switch to that scheme
Old 12-16-2010, 08:52 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

lso, if your actuallu playing your games it doesn't realy matter. You just select wichever playbook you want when you go to play. It's only relative for simulated games.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 5

Changing it to 3-4 will change the stats so your OLB will

get more sacks then your LE or RE or DTs

that's why you need to set up each team's def to either 4-3 or 3-4

depending on if you want J. Tuck RE to get more sacks

or K. Bulluck LB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 12:44 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
It didn't used to be this way...must be something new, post patch maybe? Did you try actually playing a game against a 3-4 team to see what they're running in live action?

Also, if you switch one team's base defense (while controlling all teams), they all switch to what you switched to...it's a glitch. I can't recall if they fixed it.

I'll leave this thread open, because it's a pretty big deal (if it's new), but report in the bugs/glitches thread- that's where the devs will be lookin for it
Wrong. It's been like that since madden 10. Apparently they didn't bother to fix it this year.

It makes a big difference on who gets sacks when simming games. You should definitely switch the teams that actually run a 3-4 to a 3-4 , your DE and DT's will be getting all the sacks and guys like cameron wake will not be getting very many if you don't. Also, your 2nd middle linebacker will not be getting much playing time, and it changes the tackle distribution.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:51 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 3

So basically since I play all my games and dont sim it wont help me at all?
Old 12-17-2010, 06:02 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
So basically since I play all my games and dont sim it wont help me at all?
I'm pretty sure that all the teams that are incorrectly labeled 4-3 actually run a 3-4 when you play a game, so no it won't have any impact on you if you play all the games.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:41 AM   #15
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT92
It says that all teams use the 4-3 defense in the Coaching Scheme option. I went through all teams in a 32 team franchise and all of them said 4-3 was the base defense. I changed all of the teams that use the 3-4 to 3-4 and nothing happened. I doubt anything would happen. Here's a list of teams that use the 3-4 defense...

• Denver
  • New England
  • San Diego
  • Dallas
  • Jets
  • Green Bay
  • Baltimore
  • Arizona
  • San Fransisco
  • Pittsburgh
  • Buffalo
  • Miami
  • Washington
  • Cleveland
  • Kansas City
When I started a new franchise recently and had control of all the teams, I saw 5 teams playing a 3-4: Bucs, Chargers, Cowboys, Pats, Steelers--all the rest were 4-3. I looked at a team and backed out of the screen, and then looked at the next team and repeated this process. Try that and see what you get for each team.

Still, based on who you say should be using a 3-4 defense, the game has it wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2010, 11:30 PM   #16
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

This is a terrible bug. You cannot set individual team defensive schemes. Change to 3-4 and all teams become 3-4. Ditto 4-3.

I just wasted all of this time setting up a 32 team offline franchise and found this out. Irate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »