Home

Current Madden ratings mean nothing

This is a discussion on Current Madden ratings mean nothing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2010, 06:11 PM   #161
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Current Madden ratings mean nothing

The following is on All-Pro with Patriots (me) against the Jets. Both Revis and Cromartie are not on the Jets. I was having trouble passing with Brady so I put in the Punter, Scifres. Now, of course, no NFL team would put in the punter before their number 2 QB, but this is Madden 11 and CBs in the 70s can cover the likes of Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Calvin Johnson, etc. So, Brady was just having a bad day, and I put in Scifres who at the half threw 2 TDs --no interceptions. I am using an EA updated roster from week 15. Pictures don't lie:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.JPG (76.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (80.4 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 007.JPG (83.3 KB, 56 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2010, 07:12 PM   #162
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
IMO, that's a big problem itself. I don't think EA's ratings formula should be some "secret formula" they hide. It should be front center and clearly explained so people that like to customize their Madden experience can better do so. Me personally, what little I think I understand about how EA makes their ratings work, I don't agree with. Any rating system that doesn't have an easily quantifiable attribute like Speed scaled realistically and position universal is flawed at its' core, IMO. However, the least EA should do is explain their entire ratings and slider philosophy completely, in a coherent way. This would allow for there to be a constructive conversation of what we think is done right and what could possibly be done better.

Instead, they seem to want to keep ratings and sliders somewhat ambiguous and not open the door for accurate scrutiny. So what we are left with is speculative discussion based on what we think we have figured out and that's how it will be until EA exposes the Madden "chamber of secrets" to us.

That said, even though we have limited insight about EA's process, most posts on this subject including the "negative" ones, are made in hopes of a positive result. We are all stuck on this exclusive island together and if all we got is coconuts, at least accept different ideas on how to cook them. LOL
Great idea!!! This would make for an awesome podcast!
Old 12-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #163
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

To JVM;

Brady was having a bad day at just less than 50% passing with only 15 passes thrown.

I can have Aaron Rodgers have a bad passing day too when I control him.

So, the punter comes in and throws at 43%?

Way too small of a sample size.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:43 PM   #164
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
The following is on All-Pro with Patriots (me) against the Jets. Both Revis and Cromartie are not on the Jets. I was having trouble passing with Brady so I put in the Punter, Scifres. Now, of course, no NFL team would put in the punter before their number 2 QB, but this is Madden 11 and CBs in the 70s can cover the likes of Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Calvin Johnson, etc. So, Brady was just having a bad day, and I put in Scifres who at the half threw 2 TDs --no interceptions. I am using an EA updated roster from week 15. Pictures don't lie:
The punter shouldn't be able to do that.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #165
JVM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
The punter shouldn't be able to do that.
Anything is possible in Madden 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #166
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
To JVM;

Brady was having a bad day at just less than 50% passing with only 15 passes thrown.

I can have Aaron Rodgers have a bad passing day too when I control him.

So, the punter comes in and throws at 43%?

Way too small of a sample size.

When does a punter throw over 200yards?(The punter shouldn't be able to do this agasint the JETS.)I bet he was never a QB in collage are high school.And this was on all-pro?
Old 12-29-2010, 07:54 PM   #167
JVM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
When does a punter throw over 200yards?(The punter shouldn't be able to do this agasint the JETS.)I bet he was never a QB in collage are high school.And this was on all-pro?
Yes, as I stated in my post, it was on All-Pro. Scifres threw for over 200 yards with 2TDs and no interceptions at the half--I quit the game at halftime.

The point is, someone mentioned the crazy things happen on All-Madden, so I presented what could happen on All-Pro. One can only imagine what Scifres would have done playing the whole game. Do ratings matter on any level? I'm sure some ratings matter, but...?
Old 12-29-2010, 08:45 PM   #168
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
Yes, as I stated in my post, it was on All-Pro. Scifres threw for over 200 yards with 2TDs and no interceptions at the half--I quit the game at halftime.

The point is, someone mentioned the crazy things happen on All-Madden, so I presented what could happen on All-Pro. One can only imagine what Scifres would have done playing the whole game. Do ratings matter on any level? I'm sure some ratings matter, but...?
Looks like NE's punter is better than Tim Mathsay of the Packers at QB.

I shut off the game at halftime too.

All-Pro Packers vs Bears.

1st quarter, Mathsay, 5.6 QB rating, 3 of 9, with one int with 33% completed passes. If I wanted to, maybe I could have dinked and dunked with Mathsay, but long range, his accuracy was way off, 3 yrds and his range was pretty good.

Rodgers, 2nd quarter, 9 of 16, no int's 66% comp. passes.

I better stick with Rodgers at QB on All-Pro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »