Home

Current Madden ratings mean nothing

This is a discussion on Current Madden ratings mean nothing within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2010, 02:23 PM   #25
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Current Madden ratings mean nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Cliff notes?
Versuz video is rubbish. Madden's ratings matter, but sliders have a big impact on how much weight those ratings carry. The real problem is that EA hasn't properly tuned their own game for a simulation experience. There should be a pre-made on the disk option for "realisim sliders" that players can play on. In fact, these should be the default for online play, in my opinion. Even if EA wants to cater to the casual crowd, still give us recognized "sim sliders" that we can all use and we can chose to play people online with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 02:27 PM   #26
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Versuz video is rubbish. Madden's ratings matter, but sliders have a big impact on how much weight those ratings carry. The real problem is that EA hasn't properly tuned their own game for a simulation experience. There should be a pre-made on the disk option for "realisim sliders" that players can play on. In fact, these should be the default for online play, in my opinion. Even if EA wants to cater to the casual crowd, still give us recognized "sim sliders" that we can all use and we can chose to play people online with.
Thats what I thought.

I will shamelessly quote myself above..

Quote:

as played games go....I myself use PlayMaker's custom sliders when playing games. For those who dont know his sliders basically beef up CPU controlled teams, and lower Human controlled teams. So thus... even if the CPU had Punters and Safeties playing the Line they would do OK... Because my custom sliders make it that way.

I think ratings do matter, and people test these unrealistic situations, them cry boo hoo when it results in something unlrealistic.

We are getting realistic results when using realistic lineups, correct? So what exactly is the problem here?

Just sayin'....
So basically my suspicions were correct.

If you set the CPU sliders to make the CPU teams Godly...then yeah... Punters will be awesome QB's.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:28 PM   #27
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

i think the overall point of the video is ratings need to impact the game, which they clearly do not in terms of pass rushing/blocking (on all madden). even if cpu pass rush was set to 0 those players should plow over those qb's, the fact theres even a struggle is very unrealistic.

my problem with this can't be solved with sliders creating the illusion of effective ratings, since i play online franchise me and many others are stuck with the default all madden settings. when i see guys in our league drafting oline first i feel so bad for them, as i know they will severely struggle to win without speed since all their top draft picks were wasted on the line.

its great custom sliders can help offline players enjoy the game more, but for the online community we're forever stuck with what you see in the video. we paid good money for the game as well, and i'd really like to the EA address and tackle this glaring issue to improve the game for next year.

Last edited by falconfansince81; 12-16-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:30 PM   #28
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
i think the overall point of the video is ratings need to impact the game, which they clearly do not in terms of pass rushing/blocking. even if cpu pass rush was set to 0 those players should plow over those qb's, the fact theres even a struggle is very unrealistic.
Why? You just set it to zero....
Old 12-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #29
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Go ahead and post it
Old 12-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #30
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Why? You just set it to zero....
if its set to 0 there should be minimal pressure, but even if you had qb's in as your oline the dline should still run em right over is what i was getting at. if ratings where really that effective we wouldn't need so many slider settings...
Old 12-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #31
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
I think ratings do matter, and people test these unrealistic situations, them cry boo hoo when it results in something unlrealistic.

We are getting realistic results when using realistic lineups, correct? So what exactly is the problem here?

Just sayin'....
I understand what you're saying, but it all depends on what you want from the game. I personally want proper representation of football and that means Brett Farve should be a liability if he's playing at the right guard position.

People create these situations, how unrealistic they might be, to illustrate that the certain aspects of the game are broken, and if they are broken in unrealistic situation they are also gonna be broken in realistic situations regardless of the outcome.

This is also why I don't buy into this whole realistic vs. unrealistic, as this is the one that Tiburon uses time and time again. Earlier this year people complained about kick returning in Madden to which EA made the defensive remark that kick returning wasn't broken because they got realistic results. However, realistic results or not, it does not take away from the fact that the kick returning AI does a very lousy job and doesn't represent kick returning in a proper manner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2010, 02:40 PM   #32
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
So you're gonna show us that linemen with poor blocking skills are being overrun by players with a high block shedding rating?

If so, this was what happened when I tested OL/DL interaction in the game---that is back when I still had the game. Defenders simply made a swim move every time regardless of the fact that their strength rating was as much as 60 points higher. What I saw was still not a very good representation of OL/DL interaction, even if the defenders were able to beat the linemen.

Last edited by guaps; 12-16-2010 at 02:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »