Home

Why Did the Comeback Route Change from Madden 10 to Madden 11?

This is a discussion on Why Did the Comeback Route Change from Madden 10 to Madden 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2010, 11:19 PM   #17
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Why Did the Comeback Route Change from Madden 10 to Madden 11?

Yeah, I'd like some tips to on how you completed it. What level were you playing on? Did you use lead passing or was it all timing? Does the rules change for man, etc.?
Old 12-21-2010, 12:22 AM   #18
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I was controlling the both the offense and defense for those videos, just so I had a consistent comparison. I put the defense in 2 Man Under and backed up the coverage. For the Madden 11 video, I had to user catch in order to make the WR cut in front of the CB. Otherwise he would just continue toward the sideline and let the CB make a play. The user catch is very awkward though.

The best I've achieved with the Comeback route is when you throw it with perfect timing, the WR will morph into a toe tap animation and catch the ball on the sideline. It's very difficult to complete so I never use comeback routes in games.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:52 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 32

The route he showed in the Madden 10 is still in the game. The route showed is called the curl and the curl is still in the hot routes. I also found the curl route in the Colts playback in the dice slot formation and the play is called curl flats. The route showed in Madden is combination between an out and a comeback. If you compare the route in the video and Madden 11 look very similar.

I treat the route more as an out that break back to the sideline but give the qb a better angle of completing the pass.

Last edited by grunt; 12-21-2010 at 02:58 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:12 AM   #20
Banned

This is called the curl in Madden. This route look nothing like the comeback route in Madden 11. Even though the route in Madden 11 exist in real life but maybe by another name.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:59 AM   #21
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

There is a big difference between the Curl and the Comeback route. The curl is when the WR opens toward the middle of the field. The comeback is when the WR opens toward the sideline, and it is often run at deeper depths.

The reason why I showed the Madden 10/Madden 11 videos is because the play art was exactly the same for those routes. They clearly changed the mechanics of the comeback route.

The video you posted does not show a true comeback route, despite the terminology the coach uses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2010, 10:31 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
There is a big difference between the Curl and the Comeback route. The curl is when the WR opens toward the middle of the field. The comeback is when the WR opens toward the sideline, and it is often run at deeper depths.

The reason why I showed the Madden 10/Madden 11 videos is because the play art was exactly the same for those routes. They clearly changed the mechanics of the comeback route.

The video you posted does not show a true comeback route, despite the terminology the coach uses.
Madden 10 route look like a "curl" route in Madden 11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »