Home

Analog Control?

This is a discussion on Analog Control? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #17
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Analog Control?

I'll see your analog passing and raise you analog catching. I'm tired of watching my WR try and craddel or drop down for a shoe string catch when the DB is jumping up and attacking the ball. You see the top WR every weekend attacking the ball rather then waiting for it, you only see that in Madden for end zone fade hot route.

Basic idea

Up= jump, attack the ball
L = dive left, or try and jump/maneuver over the DB who has inside left position
R = dive right, or try and jump/maneuver over the DB who has inside right position
D = drop down/ shoe string catch
Old 12-21-2010, 10:56 PM   #18
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

I think this speaks to how badly we want passing done better in Madden...no matter what the actual mechanism
Old 12-22-2010, 01:24 AM   #19
Madden NFL Dev

RedZoneD25's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpre5
I'll see your analog passing and raise you analog catching. I'm tired of watching my WR try and craddel or drop down for a shoe string catch when the DB is jumping up and attacking the ball. You see the top WR every weekend attacking the ball rather then waiting for it, you only see that in Madden for end zone fade hot route.

Basic idea

Up= jump, attack the ball
L = dive left, or try and jump/maneuver over the DB who has inside left position
R = dive right, or try and jump/maneuver over the DB who has inside right position
D = drop down/ shoe string catch

ooh. me likey that idea.

Formerly:
- User & Mod, OS Forums
- EA Sports Game Changer
- Madden Franchise Mode QA
Old 12-22-2010, 02:12 AM   #20
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Umm wheather not. The right stick was used for passing in Backbreaker football game. It was ok needed a lot of work to be done on it still. I wheather Ian and company stick with the buttons for a few years or so until they get other things right in the game. The last thing we need is for Ian and company to start on another project while other parts of madden is still messed up. But this is a idea they can work on in the years to come. But sticking with the buttons for now would be their best bet.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:34 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

I think those are great ideas but I dont think they should focus on all of that at the moment.

I'm thinking they should simply keep the right stick up/down for high/low hits, then combine that with right stick left/right for reaching with the arms left and right. I think reach/arm tackles are the next logical step within pro tak.

A simple flick left or right to throw out the respective arm and grab the ball carrier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 09:38 AM   #22
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

While I'll agree that there are other things the Madden team could work on the Passing I believe could just be tweaked the sensitivity of it. As far as catching goes that need to be more sensitive. I personally liked how they had it in 09 tapping the button was a catch and holding the button was a possession catch. if the passing and catching was tweaked a little more you could have the spectacular catch animation come in jump ball situations where the ball is going to be over there head. or Jumping ability of the reciever to catch it in his gut. or the hard possession catches in the middle of the field. As it stands with madden now the square button has catching animations that you can get with the triangle button too. It needs cleaned up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »