Home

Potential Lockout & Madden 12

This is a discussion on Potential Lockout & Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon5 Potential Lockout & Madden 12

Okay with the threat of an NFL Lockout, do you guys think EA and the Madden fan base would benefit with skipping production of Madden '12 and go straight into developing (hopefully a much improved) Madden '13?

Since EA has been doing roster updates almost every week for Madden '11, they could continue that in the offseason, removing retired or released players, moving players in trades, and including the rookies from the draft.

Think about how much money would be saved and the time that really could be invest in the Quality/Assurance to find and eliminate bugs before the final release of '13. I do realize that this wouldn't guarentee a perfect game, but think about the anticipation of the Madden '13 release.

We always get excited over the summer for the August release of Madden year after year. If EA skipped a year and dedicated it's time to support roster updates on Madden 11 and really develop a much improved quality Madden '13, I could really support that.

Again this is just an idea because of the threat of the NFL Lockout. Think about us getting Madden '12 and then there isn't an actual season being played. It would be really weird.

I would like to hear you alls opinions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
re: Potential Lockout & Madden 12

not going to happen and this thread prob will be closed before my post is done
Old 12-22-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

It's already been discussed before and I don't see it happening.

Why spend the development $ on Madden 12 for a game that doesn't release until August 12?

The stockholders wouldn't be very happy or impressed with EA.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's already been discussed before and I don't see it happening.

Why spend the development $ on Madden 12 for a game that doesn't release until August 12?

The stockholders wouldn't be very happy or impressed with EA.
Because if there isn't an actual season, then why push out a game? No player advancement, no Madden moments, no team adjustmentments. You possibly end up pushing out a game thats stallmated because there isn't a nfl season to follow along with it.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:46 AM   #5
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynate30
Because if there isn't an actual season, then why push out a game? No player advancement, no Madden moments, no team adjustmentments. You possibly end up pushing out a game thats stallmated because there isn't a nfl season to follow along with it.
Because they like money.

I like money too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 09:47 AM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastynate30
It's a business, not just a video game.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:48 AM   #7
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Stockholders aren't happy with EA Sports as is with the loss in profits over the years. Couple that with NBA Elite being cancelled. The exclusive licenses coming to an end. EA needs to do something to spark a change. Cancelling Madden is just another step in the wrong direction. Even NBA Elite being cancelled in a market primarily dominated by 2K they lost millions. Just not a good idea nothing will be saved for R&D
Old 12-22-2010, 10:07 AM   #8
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
It's a business, not just a video game.
This. In fact you could even put it this way...

"It's a business, not a video game."
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »