Home

Defensive Help

This is a discussion on Defensive Help within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Defensive Help

So I play as the Jets in my franchise and thought my 3-4 defense is always ranked in the top 3 I have trouble getting sacks and pics. I recently downloaded the new patch in hopes that it would help. I didn't know if changing my coaching scheme to 3-4 from 4-3 would help. Does anybody have any ideas? Also I play on my skill.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
Rookie

Shogun613's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Defensive Help

Well, first off, if you're not waiting to see the offensive package before you call a defense, that's the first thing you gotta do. You dont want any mismatches out there (like an LB on a WR or a nickel or dime back covering a big TE). That alone helps alot. As far as getting sacks, use the strategy pad to adjust the line to pass rush (strat pad left, right stick up) on passing downs. The ends play contain on the outside while the NT applies inside pressure(or if you're in nickel or dime, the DT's pressure the tackles). Bump and run those wideouts to give the line time to get pressure on the QB, and mix up your coverages to slow down the passing game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »