Home

Has anyone played Xbox and PC version?

This is a discussion on Has anyone played Xbox and PC version? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2003, 01:59 PM   #1
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Has anyone played Xbox and PC version?

I just picked up my PC version today and will be installing it tonight. I have been playing the xbox version the past couple days and I'm already 10 games into my franchise. I don't really feel like starting over on the PC unless the xbox draft class issues aren't addressed soon and unless the PC version looks and feels different. Let me know.. thx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2003, 02:03 PM   #2
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18
Re: Has anyone played Xbox and PC version?

I've played both because I picked up the PC version for online play - the graphics are better - the the gameplay is horrible compared to the console wersions - I'm using an interact controller with right analog stick and it just seems crappy. But I'll keep playing and maybe like it more.

Old 08-13-2003, 02:26 PM   #3
The Broski

MMan's Arena

Quote:

MaddenMan said:
I've played both because I picked up the PC version for online play - the graphics are better - the the gameplay is horrible compared to the console wersions - I'm using an interact controller with right analog stick and it just seems crappy. But I'll keep playing and maybe like it more.

well I basically got the pc version for online play also, plus the extra goodies that were added in. I am a little disapointed that there are no dirty uni's though. PC version each year seemed to be better than the console, but it seems this year may be different. That demo I played sucked man. If the rest of the players look like that and the gameplay is the same I will just stick with xbox.

Remember last years player faces? Man they were aweome for PC. From that demo they seem worse. Anyways...you can get a xbox or ps2 converter to PC. It allows you to use your ps2 or xbox controllers on the PC. It makes it a lot easier.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:41 PM   #4
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

I made a cable that I use with my XBox Controllers on my PC, but the problem is, the triggers both register as "1". So you are guessing as to which RB you're throwing to...they are both labeled as 1
Old 08-13-2003, 02:55 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

MaddenMan said:

dont use a crap controller, interact sucks. There products have always messed up for me anyways.

Im playing on the PC and it feels better than both the PS2 and Xbox. I guess its all a matter of taste.

A good controller is the Saitek 2500. www.saitek.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2003, 02:58 PM   #6
The Broski

MMan's Arena

Quote:

KymeraGB said:
Quote:

MaddenMan said:

dont use a crap controller, interact sucks. There products have always messed up for me anyways.

Im playing on the PC and it feels better than both the PS2 and Xbox. I guess its all a matter of taste.

so you have played xbox version this year? In the past years I have always prefered PC. What do ya think about no dirty uni's?
Old 08-13-2003, 03:06 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

MMan said:
Quote:

KymeraGB said:
Quote:

MaddenMan said:

so you have played xbox version this year? In the past years I have always prefered PC. What do ya think about no dirty uni's?

Im kinda upset that they said they would be in there and there not......hopefully they can patch it in for PC.

I wouldnt mind as much if they just said they wouldnt be in there but when ya lie it just pisses me off. Its not a HUGE deal but its a great little touch when you see your uni all dirty, especially on a rainy day.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:17 PM   #8
MVP

ausar72's Arena

Quote:

MMan said:

Remember last years player faces? Man they were aweome for PC. From that demo they seem worse. Anyways...you can get a xbox or ps2 converter to PC. It allows you to use your ps2 or xbox controllers on the PC. It makes it a lot easier.

I play the PC version now exclusively because of the faces from last years version. They were truly remarkable! some of the players faces were the best of any game ever. But 2004 has disappointed on that. They seem to have gone the generic face route that you see in the console versions.

Because i got the game late last year for the PC i thought maybe it was a patch last year that upgraded them. i hope so, and i hope that one is one the way for this tears game!

We'll see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »