Home

is it an addiction to.....

This is a discussion on is it an addiction to..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2010, 12:27 AM   #17
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: is it an addiction to.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
So just to make sure I understand what you are saying. There are people who enjoy Madden, a NFL football video game, less, the more they find about REAL NFL football and Johnny is frustrated with OS posters about this instead of the makers of Madden? WTF? LOL

I willing to bet next-gen Madden has received more complaints on average per year, than all those other games, combined. Like I keep saying, if you or whoever is enjoying Madden, cool but please stop implying people that are not, should lower their reasonable expectations and standards, which past Madden video games help set.
Well, if you were ever in the 2k11 forum, you would see a thread or two a day well beyond a month the game was out, people complaining about this or that. There were also threads started by people enjoying the game to stop making threads about not enjoying the game.

Sound familiar?

The internet is a great sounding board/podium for gaming short comings. I know plenty of people that are not web browsers that enjoy the game as is. They don't need to go on the net and tell people how much they like the game. I feel that is a big huge silent bunch that is left out of the equation. I stopped into Gamestop yesterday to pick up a few used games for the kids and for grins, I asked the manager about Madden. They had 4 used copies in the store. He said normally they would have a lot more copies, but from what he's hearing, the word is that the last title update really fixed issues with the defense.

I'm still on here because I feel Madden could be better and I mention that to my friends and relatives. I've stopped doing that because they feel I'm too serious as they say they use it to kick back and escape reality for an hour.

I know you mentioned hooray for the people that like it, my point is it's a big silent crowd outside the net that go unnoticed.

Last edited by roadman; 12-22-2010 at 12:37 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:24 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc12576
So just to make sure I understand what you are saying. There are people who enjoy Madden, a NFL football video game, less, the more they find about REAL NFL football and Johnny is frustrated with OS posters about this instead of the makers of Madden? WTF? LOL
First I know plenty about football. Second I am not frustrated with OS posters. Go to any game forum and you will find those who are never pleased with the game no matter how good it is. There are people who obsessively pick out flaws with the game. When people point out ridiculous things such a certain animation that happens 1 time a game Im going to notice the flaw. Or when people complain the size of the ball is completely out of proportion then its going to stand out. Does it effect how much I like the game? No. However because I know there are certain things wrong the game isn't as enjoyable until it is fixed. This absolutely makes anyone look at the game differently wether it be good or bad. For you to say I am not independent minded makes you sound pretty ignorant to how the human mind works. 99% of gamers wouldnt even think to look out for these obscure examples however because people read about them they subconsciously look out for them as they are playing the game. Im sure a smart guy like you knows other peoples opinions absolutely effect your judgement in some way shape or form and you begin to notice these things yourself.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 12-23-2010 at 01:55 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:14 PM   #19
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
First I know plenty about football. Second I am not frustrated with OS posters. Go to any game forum and you will find those who are never pleased with the game no matter how good it is. There are people who obsessively pick out flaws with the game. When people point out ridiculous things such a certain animation that happens 1 time a game Im going to notice the flaw. Or when people complain the size of the ball is completely out of proportion then its going to stand out. Does it effect how much I like the game? No. However because I know there are certain things wrong the game isn't as enjoyable until it is fixed. This absolutely makes anyone look at the game differently wether it be good or bad. For you to say I am not independent minded makes you sound pretty ignorant to how the human mind works. 99% of gamers wouldnt even think to look out for these obscure examples however because people read about them they subconsciously look out for them as they are playing the game. Im sure a smart guy like you knows other peoples opinions absolutely effect your judgement in some way shape or form and you begin to notice these things yourself.
First off Johnny, if you read what I actually posted, it was a question to ryan36, asking if that's what he was saying, not me claiming you don't know football.

Secondly, as far as the independent minded comment I posted, I was referring to when you stated; "For me the forums ruin my experience because people point things out I would have never noticed if i didnt come on this site". I agree, people's post can make you take notice of flaws you were not aware of but it doesn't seem very independent minded to let suddenly becoming aware of something, like "ridiculous things such a certain animation that happens 1 time a game Im going to notice the flaw or when people complain the size of the ball is completely out of proportion", ruin your experience, IMO. If these things in a video game are minor issues to me, being made aware that Madden has these minor issues wouldn't suddenly "ruin my experience".

Maybe you didn't mean "ruin" but something a little less extreme like alter or lessen and I can accept that. However, don't classify my post as making me sound "pretty ignorant to the way the human mind works" when I reply to what you actually post and not what you potentially meant by it.

That said, if you think a "smart guy" like me can somehow know what you meant to say, that would make you sound pretty ignorant of how the human mind works.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:27 PM   #20
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Take it easy guys. Enough of the subtle and not so subtle insults.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »