Home

Commentary is actually ok

This is a discussion on Commentary is actually ok within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-19-2010, 02:47 PM   #9
Banned

tlc12576's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Commentary is actually ok

I'm not trying to troll or be a jerk but I don't see how you can point out a major problem with commentary while saying it is "ok". The fact that you MUST use Gameflow, an optional feature, for commentary to sound "ok", means EA did this intentionally. I don't know about you but that's definitely not "ok" with me.

What if protak, player storylines and online franchise salary cap all worked perfect only on Rookie difficulty, would you think that makes them "actually ok" ? The fact that anyone is REQUIRED to use an OPTIONAL feature just to get a universal feature to work "ok", is worse, IMO. At least if it doesn't work period, the argument can be made for glitches and what not. However, to actually have it work "ok" only with Gameflow, shows they could have improved it overall but didn't.

Yet another shining example of EA putting Madden Joes before Madden Pros!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Don't get your hopes up. It's been one season.

He's the guy the community... this site especially... was begging for. Over the top > Uninterested, imho. I'll take him, though I do agree, I hope he tones it down a bit.

I would think after 2k5, companies would have long ago realized voice actors are the way to go over professional commentators.

I vote Keifer Sutherland and David Hayter in the booth for Madden 12.

... two minutes to go, down by 4, on your own 9 yard line.

Sutherland: THEY'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!
Hayter: DAMN!
Haha I would definitely buy that game. Imagine a coach getting a gatorade bath after a superbowl win.

Hayer: Urrrrgghhhh liquid...
Old 12-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
Ok, so I've figured out what my problem with the commentary is, the gaps are because of the coordinator audio...so if I leave that on the game flows much better, still wish they'd get rid of it. Do you think next year, they can fill the gaps with banter? I hope so. The game isn't really that far off to me.
Is this a moderator trolling I see??

Kidding, kidding. I hated Gus Johnson when I first started playing, now I actually quite like him. It adds to the drama when I throw a bad pass and he says, "he's gonna pass... AWWWW!!!! Innerception!!!!"

They do need more banter, but what they really need is better selection of commentary. The amount of times I've heard "they tackle him for a loss... AT THE SIXTEEN!!!!!" is really annoying when there are other peices of commentary that fit in really well.

In any case, the guys I'd like to see commentating are Cotton McKnight and Pepper Brooks, from Dodgeball. Think about it...

C: He throws into two-on-one coverage, that's a manage a trois of pain!
P: Usually you pay double for that kind of action, Cotton.

And others...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2010, 10:43 AM   #12
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

The commentary has more problems than just a gap caused by not using the coordinator audio. To list them all would turn this into a different thread.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #13
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
The commentary has more problems than just a gap caused by not using the coordinator audio. To list them all would turn this into a different thread.
LT, you're right...but I always played with the coord. audio off, and so that killed the flow of the game, that was my point...it's tolerable...but not much more

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »