Home

A Madden "Cheese" Rating is long overdue.

This is a discussion on A Madden "Cheese" Rating is long overdue. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
A Madden "Cheese" Rating is long overdue.

2011 online gameplay has been killed for me. Mainly due to the defensive engine that has been upgraded with the new patch.

But my goodness EA do something about the cheesers. The scouting reports arent enough.

As you play online you should have a cheese rating and a sim rating. Let me explain:

As you play the games the more you fake punts, kicks, onside kick, fb dives, flats, pause glitch, go for it on fourth down, hurry up offense, run out the clock, 1-5-5, abuse the same play. etc.

It will put a nice Yellow bar by your name that simply says CHEESE in white letters. Hence branding you a cheese baller easily making you avoidable by guys who play sim style.

On the contrary as you play sim style football. It puts a nice red bar next your name that says SIM in white letters.

There you go EA problem solved. I really hate that its such a hassle to enjoy the online features of a footbal game in 2010.

Anybody thinks this is a nice touch? Hopefully someone from EA can look into it.

"I study film like a coach and listen like a rookie"

---Ray Lewis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: A Madden "Cheese" Rating is long overdue.

We could get into many reasons this is a bad idea... But I'll focus on the one I deem most important.

I'm a football purist strategically. I own an official rulebook, maintain a decent sized library, and make it a point to be as knowledgeable as I can about real life offensive and defensive strategy so I can apply those concepts to my Madden game.

That being said, what thrills me most about Madden is the depth to which people can decide to manage their team within the framework of the game. Decisions are important. Indeed, the final score of a football game is the sum total of the decisions that are made during the game.

While I don't always agree with decisions that others make, I defend their abilities to make them despite my disapproval. As such, I object to any form of system that gives the appearance to my opponent that he needs my approval to make his decisions.

Furthermore, I despise the use of 'cheese' to describe any unorthodox football tactic used in Madden. There is legal game play and there is cheating and there may already be a feedback system to deal with cheaters.

Later
Old 12-14-2010, 05:11 PM   #3
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

I agree this is a bad idea. Although I disagree with TNT in that , playing someone who always goes for it on 4th down is obnoxious. You always end up playing defense, getting great field position , and then scoring in 2 plays and going back on defense...that bugs me
Old 12-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I agree this is a bad idea. Although I disagree with TNT in that , playing someone who always goes for it on 4th down is obnoxious. You always end up playing defense, getting great field position , and then scoring in 2 plays and going back on defense...that bugs me
My father used to say: "Beat the booty to make the mind work." It essentially means getting your teeth kicked in a few times will make you think about doing something different.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank ryan36 for doing his duty in spite of his reservations. As NFL Sim style Madden players, we have the responsibility to beat the goat turds out of each and every player that plays Madden like it's 'just a video game.'

We have to show them why it's a bad idea to go for it on 4th and long in your own territory. If they quit - so what. Hopefully the next guy will whoop them 10x worse. Eventually, they will either quit playing Madden or quit playing like an imbecile.

Either way, SIM players win whenever a 'cheese' player is outwitted and outplayed by a SIM style player who sticks to his philosophy regardless of the situation.

It bugs me too that there are so many players who play 'cheesy,' but it bothers me more that there aren't enough SIM players standing up to 'cheese' players on the field. Far too often we run to EA for the solution to a problem that is well withing our own power to control.

The solution: BEAT THE STUFFINGS OUT OF CHEESERS - and do it with SIM play. Soon there will be converts.

Later
Old 12-14-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

Wow...a cheese rating, huh? Not a good idea at all. Beat the cheese out of them with strategies of your own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

chees rating >>>> old spice swagger rating....

sorry, couldnt help myself
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 12-15-2010, 08:01 AM   #7
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713

The solution: BEAT THE STUFFINGS OUT OF CHEESERS - and do it with SIM play. Soon there will be converts.
TNT, I gotta disagree. The mindset of a "cheeser" is something you can't rationalize with. If what they want to do doesn't work, they'll just pull the plug and try again with someone else.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #8
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

I agree and disagree.

There are cheaters. Ppl who blatantly use exploits and glitches to win. They are who we thought they were. No changing it, they prolly do this in every single video game they own.

Then, there are players who do what the games lets them. They don't 'know' they are cheating. They know the crossing pattern works, they know that the toss play works. The lead pass works on 2k.....so these are the things they use to win. But, they don't know they are exploiting the game...they just are doing what they know works. If they get tired of losing, they may change.

But due to the casual amount of players, they will be able to compete with this style and wont mind losing every know and again to a better player. And at the same time, the amount of casual players will lead to our frustration b/c of the same lack of skill and strategy. You pretty much have to take the good with the bad.

But there, needs to be some more identifiers of how you opponent plays pre-game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »