Home

Pass Defense, WTF??!! Shootouts and a rant, oh my!

This is a discussion on Pass Defense, WTF??!! Shootouts and a rant, oh my! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2003, 04:06 AM   #33
pgp
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Pass Defense, WTF??!! Shootouts and a rant, oh my!

seriously i have to say wtf again. i just played the rams, 12 min clock accl. quarters and held them to 17 points and under 350 total offensive yards. im not sure what kind of D you guys are calling, or what sliders you have... but man if i didnt have the game, and was reading your impressions, i wouldn't even touch madden cause it sounds crappy the way you guys are getting games played. sorry to hear that... ill post my sliders once i play and can write them down again, maybe that'll help out some.
Old 08-14-2003, 07:10 AM   #34
Rookie

I agree so far... I have been playing with the sliders and it hasn't helped yet. It just sucks when you play the Buccaneers and their secodary looks like it is afraid to make contact.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:00 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

I agree with those of you having shootouts with scores in the 50s and 60s. Sure you can play with sliders and turn both teams' Defensive Awareness up, but what's EA's problem? Don't they test the game before release and realize that default ALL-PRO sucks? Maybe this is the result of everybody complaining about the defense speed cheat in Madden. They fixed it all right. Now if a WR gets a step on a slower DB, nobody on the field is going to catch him.

I guess we asked for it, and EA gave it to us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2003, 09:53 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

ProdigalSon said:
Quote:

seanmac said:
What pisses me off about this is that I guarantee you that ESPN will do an infinitely better job of simulating defensive play (and for the most part, offensive play as well), but it won't get as high a mark as Madden because it won't feature the ability to design your own pirogi. I don't want to knock Madden- I'm actually enjoying it a lot, and I appreciate the totality of experience that the new franchise mode provides, but what happens on the field should come first, and at least in its default mode, Madden's on the field game is the weak link.

Oh yeah, ESPN did a great job the past years. Play 15 minute quarteers and players will be getting 30 tackles. Great sim job.

Uh...games aren't meant to be played with 15 minute quarters. Especially without an accelerated clock.
Old 08-14-2003, 10:58 AM   #37
Banned

Uh...games aren't meant to be played with 15 minute quarters. Especially without an accelerated clock.

WHy not?
Old 08-14-2003, 11:01 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

zealot said:

WHy not?

Because barely anyone does, so they create the game to be played around 5-10 minute quarters. If you try and play Madden, ESPN, or any other game with 15 minute quarters, you aren't going to get realistic stats.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:13 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 4

Yep, I can't stop anybody either. I'm the Cardinals and I played the Lions to start the season. I returned a Punt and Kick return for a TD. I was up by 10 in the 3rd Qtr. The lions then completed an 80 yard pass on me to Bill schreoder b/c I called man over and the FS never got over the top of him. Ended up losing 45-42. I've played a few exhibition games and preseason games, and its usually a shootout.

I have tried to slow down the game by playing more ball control and its kinda helped. But still the score was 30-27. I don't want to max the AWR slider b/c I don't want superhuman CB's. I'll maybe bump it up 2 and see how that goes.
Old 08-14-2003, 02:57 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
Quote:

zealot said:

WHy not?

Because barely anyone does, so they create the game to be played around 5-10 minute quarters. If you try and play Madden, ESPN, or any other game with 15 minute quarters, you aren't going to get realistic stats.

Exactly. I f I had played madden 2003 wiht 15 min quarters I'd have been game totals of like 1200+ offensive yards, 100+ points, 800 yards apssing, etc.

To make a comment on lack of accurate stats with 15 min quarters in sega's game is quite silly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »