Home

Online Frustrations.

This is a discussion on Online Frustrations. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2010, 03:37 AM   #1
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Online Frustrations.

NOTE: I don't know if there is a better place to post this, but here is my "cool story bro" post of the week.

I have played Madden NFL online fewer times this year than ever before since Madden 04. It's not even Madden 11's fault, well not Madden 11 specifically.

Here is the frustration:

I will be playing a good close game and as it winds down to crunch time, I will consistently become very unlucky. Specifically on defense. Here is the scenario:

1st down, force a quick bad throw.
2ed down, drop a "sure pick."
3rd down, Sack for a nice loss.
4th down, one of many things will happen. My opponent will throw a ball into double coverage and get a spectacular catch, get hit and come up with the first. OR - My team will bug out and abandon the very zone they were supposed to cover. OR - My opponent will throw it short break 3 tackles, yes 3 of them or sometimes pro-tak and get the first.

Then with a new set of downs some combination of this will rinse and repeat while I watch my defense drop an average of 5 "easy picks" per game, 2 or 3 of which would seal the game near the end.

Yes, this happens in real life football as well. I don't have to look any further than the 07 patriots Superbowl as they gave up 4th and 1, a dropped pick, the 3rd adn long Tyree catch and the go ahead TD bomb to Buress. However, the frequency at which this happens, where my defense will have a total meltdown, has year in and year out been on a regular basis.

Now, I am not complaining because I am losing. In fact, I am 5-0 online in ranked games right now, and I often win my games because I hardly am ever stopped on offense. my point is that on next generation, I have never got the feeling that my opponent will "get punished" for making mistakes and bad calls like they were on last gen. In fact, I feel quite the opposite. I feel the game almost rewards players with second chances. I get the feeling that, in the long run, my defensive scheme and execution only matters so much. that in the end it is futile to resist. The game is either going to go my way, or it isn't.

Anyway, thanks for reading my rant. As you can likely tell, I just got done playing a few online games, and don't have any plans on doing that again anytime soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2010, 05:17 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Online Frustrations.

man i feel you the defense on this game is terrible especially man coverage
Old 12-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

here are some of mine:
vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick
merry christmas
NCAA BB-Florida State Seminoles
NFL-New York Giants
Old 12-25-2010, 10:36 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDats IgnantX
here are some of mine:
vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick vick
merry christmas

I am with you. I will not even play against the Eagles because it is so ridiculous with Jackson and Vick. It is so hard to find an opponent online that will actually punt in their own territory on 4th and 15. I have played over 40 games online and have only came across about 8 players who play the game the way it supposed to be. I mean if guys are down by 10 points in the 3rd and go for it and fail they will quit. Just frustrating not to come across more players that play the game right.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:55 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 55

I've been there. Guys pull rabbits outta their hats all game long. I can't believe the 2 yard drag then drag my stud MLB 5 yards for the first down every single time garbage. This game has spurts of awesome strategy, but every time the offense makes plays that require 2 brain cells to complete, or as you said do not get punished rightfully, I get really mad and lose enjoyment. I have no problem losing a game, but I have a problem losing a game where my opponent isn't punished for reckless, stupid play.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2010, 03:53 AM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDats IgnantX
here are some of mine:
merry christmas
Actually, I contained him pretty well. In fact, like I said in my post, my main frustration is losing dice rolls over and over again on dropped picks and them catching crazy passes and breaking tackles.

For Vick I tend to just call normal plays, except each time I quickly hot route/audible my defensive ends or pass rushing OLBs to contain instead of pass rushing. Also helps on screens and pitch runs as well.

Also I play a lot of ILB [#2 MLB in the 3-4] and tend to play a soft hook zone over the middle of the field. this game does a poor job of covering the middle of the field, so i find I should/have to do it myself.

It's just, there are so many ranked and unranked games where if the random dice rolls go in my favor, it would be another blow out. I know this for two reasons. 1.) When they do, it is a blow out and the quit. 2.) There are situations in a close game where that pick or a dropped pass on 4th or a tackle short of the stick would just end the game, or get my the ball on a short field with a chance to extend the score with little time left.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »