Home

Which was the better game?

This is a discussion on Which was the better game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which was better?
Madden 10 6 24.00%
Madden 11 19 76.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Which was the better game?

Madden 10 all the way for me. They've gone backwards with this super offense approach this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Which was the better game?

Madden 10. Defense wasn't broken in that game...
Old 12-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

They really did a LOT to fix this post patch guys
Old 12-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

Looking back at last years thread people said that defence sucked in Madden 10, and that Madden 09 was much better. So basically people thing that the best ever madden game was 2003? Seems like that, becouse every single year people troll and say that the previous version was much better.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBrady
Looking back at last years thread people said that defence sucked in Madden 10, and that Madden 09 was much better. So basically people thing that the best ever madden game was 2003? Seems like that, becouse every single year people troll and say that the previous version was much better.
It's not trolling if people are asking a question...out of the box, I'd say m10 was better, post patch 5 , I'm saying m11 is better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

M11 gets a real bad rap on OS for some reason. But comparing apples to apples, M11 was better. There were some defensive issues initially (specially for those who played online), but 11 still has more polish than 10.

Don't get me wrong...I played M10 quite a bit. Probably more so than I do M11. But I still think M11 is better all-around football game.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #7
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Personally, I didn't think Madden 10's defense was all that great. Put it up against the out-of-the-box Madden 11 where there was no such thing as a solo tackle, and the game overall was so severely slanted towards the offense, then yeah, it's easy to say Madden 10 was a better game, but the Madden 10 defense left a lot to be desired too.

For me, Madden 10's defense was ruined by the line interactions out of the box. The tackling was better, I even think the coverages worked a little better, but it was all negated by the lack of rush. You could call a perfect defense in Madden 10 and it would get broken down because the QB could stand, undisturbed in the pocket, for 7-8 seconds. And you could see this frequently, not to mention the overpowered pro-tack where a back would run through an 8-man pile for a TD at least once a game.

The latest Madden 11 patch has balanced the coverage and tackling out and you can rattle the QBs. No longer does 57% passer come in and hit 25 of 28. Guys actually miss throws and make bad reads now. The gameplay is so much better than Madden 10. I didn't even mention the run blocking. I had fun with Madden 10, but at this point, the only thing I prefer from Madden 10 is the thicker playbooks.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #8
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
They really did a LOT to fix this post patch guys
Yeah Madden after patch 1.04 and 1.05 is wayyy better than out of the box.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »