Home

Player of the game? Strike 3 for EA?

This is a discussion on Player of the game? Strike 3 for EA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2003, 10:20 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Player of the game? Strike 3 for EA?

They improved a lot of things that I had problems with before. But now I'm finding lots of new things I don't like. I'm very up and down with this game. One play, I love it, and it's much improved. The next play I see something that really sucks. I just need to give it some more time, and mess around with the sliders.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:24 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I see it all the time in the PS2 version. They actually show two player of the game for each team this year.

Z
Old 08-13-2003, 10:33 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

Zimmy said:
I see it all the time in the PS2 version. They actually show two player of the game for each team this year.

Z

Uh oh...somethign else they left out of the x-box verson?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2003, 10:43 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

I wonder if half of the people writing these posts have even played the new Madden and want to subconciously pimp ESPN by trying to find flaws in Madden. I have the Xbox version and I've played 5 games. At the end of each game there was the "Horse Trailer Player of the Game."
Old 08-13-2003, 10:50 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
They improved a lot of things that I had problems with before. But now I'm finding lots of new things I don't like. I'm very up and down with this game. One play, I love it, and it's much improved. The next play I see something that really sucks. I just need to give it some more time, and mess around with the sliders.

I feel the same way, it's like riding a rollercoaster. I'll see something they fixed and think to myself "wow, that's really great" then I'll see something they changed or left out that leaves me thinking "what the hell are you doing EA." As for this issue in particular I could sense something was wrong, but couldn't put my finger on it until you said something. And if this is indeed another fault that's only in the XBox version then I will be very pissed indeed. You know, I love the fact that EA puts so much time into minute details(ie. concession foods based on location), but when they don't care/forget to put basic features like this in one version of the game that the other versions have it really pisses me off. I don't really want to say that they dropped the ball this year on Madden, because they've done a lot of stuff right. However, they have pissed off an awful lot of XBox owners this year.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:52 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've played about 10-15 games so far on my XBox version, and I've only seen a player of the game once.... and that was in a multiplayer exhibition game.

In my Franchise, I haven't seen it.

I'm enjoying this game for the most part. Although there are some negatives, IMO, the positives outweigh them by a good bit.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:52 PM   #15
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Why does the title say "Strike 3 for EA"? Are you frustrated with the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2003, 10:54 PM   #16
Rookie

monsterhound's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Gman said:
I wonder if half of the people writing these posts have even played the new Madden and want to subconciously pimp ESPN by trying to find flaws in Madden. I have the Xbox version and I've played 5 games. At the end of each game there was the "Horse Trailer Player of the Game."

Let's face it--this year's version has some real improvements, but it's got more than it's share of flaws, some of which just make you slap your forehead in frustration.

As for this question in this thread, Dookie is far from an ESPN pimp. If you've seen any of his posts over the past several weeks, he was as excited about this year's Madden as anyone before it came out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »