Home

Player of the game? Strike 3 for EA?

This is a discussion on Player of the game? Strike 3 for EA? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2003, 10:57 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Player of the game? Strike 3 for EA?

All of you all need to stop crying over a video game. Sorry if EA cant get everything that you all want in a game. Give em a break they r working their *** off for you all every year and all you all do is complain. You all need to just shut up and be happy with what you got
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2003, 11:08 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Yep not here also...on the MNF he said " blah blah blah is trailer horse of the game" or whatever..but no screen poped up...and In the other games no screen poped up wit just reg player of the game.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:10 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 7

There isn't a player of the game only players of the week. The horse trailer only pops up if your player is the horse trailer player of the week.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:10 AM   #44
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

Clay_OS said:
I don't skip anything and it has not come up.

I haven't seen the player of the game pop-up in Madden 2004 as well (x-box, franchise mode). In previous years the pop up wouldn't appear until after the players shook hands, etc right before the points for completed madden card task would show; theirfor, i thought people were merely skipping the pop up box, but now people are saying that the pop up box shows up while the game is still in play....and i haven't seen it yet on xbox, franchise mode
Old 08-14-2003, 11:11 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

kobe8 said:
All of you all need to stop crying over a video game. Sorry if EA cant get everything that you all want in a game. Give em a break they r working their *** off for you all every year and all you all do is complain. You all need to just shut up and be happy with what you got

Its something that has been in the game for I dont know how long...Looks like its in the ps2 verson and x-box got shafted...I guess complaning about import feature and the swat button not working last yr is no reason to complain either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2003, 11:15 AM   #46
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've always thought that the Player of the Game was very iffy about 75% of the time. Where you'll look a the player and say "Wha?" Especially if it's a defensive guy. In previous years, the guy was almost a shoo-in if he recovered a fumble on a sack.

And I don't think most NFL games on TV have "Players of the Game" except for the national games. It seems more of a college thing, and then they choose two (which they do this year in the game too).

It's more disturbing if PS2 has it and XBox doesn't. If this is true, then EA must really be getting a helluva reach-around from Sony for all this XBox neglecting that's going on.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:17 AM   #47
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

kobe8 said:

You newbies coming to the boards are just sooooooo hilarious , Man....can't even say hello, just give us this smart mouth jiberish, telling us what to do

Shut up and be happy with what we got?....i paid $50 bucks for this game, so keep your mouth shut
Old 08-14-2003, 11:28 AM   #48
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

kobe8 said:
All of you all need to stop crying over a video game.

You need to keep your comments to Madden, and not attack your fellow posters.

If you have a point to make about the game, make it. Otherwise, find another board. You agreed to a TOS:

Quote:

· Flaming, Bashing, and Trolling
Hate posts and personal attacks will not be tolerated on the OS boards. Treat others on these message boards as you would expect them to treat you. Talking trash about another user is a quick way to earn a banning, as is posting topics specifically to provoke a negative response from someone (aka trolling).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »