Home

Madden NFL Designers Podcast #4 w/ Special Guest, Pasta Padre Available Now

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Designers Podcast #4 w/ Special Guest, Pasta Padre Available Now within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
F1 2021 Review - One for the Ages
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Include Brand New Swing Mechanics, Three Click Swing Returns
FIFA 22 Gameplay: Breaking Down the Latest Details
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #33
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Aug 2010
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #4 w/ Special Guest, Pasta Padre Available Now

Online Franchise was my favourite feature of Madden 10 and the fact they didn't improve it AT ALL (despite saying they would) meant I sold Madden 11 a few weeks. I mean, how much fun can you have playing the same thing over and over for 18 months now.

If there's no improvement in Madden 12 either, I can say for certain I won't be wasting my money on it.

Last edited by kenliving; 12-24-2010 at 04:16 PM.
kenliving is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:45 PM   #34
Banned
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #4 w/ Special Guest, Pasta Padre Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Curious why he would ask about Madden 14 in general. I haven't got to listen yet so I don't know the context.
Yeah, he could've asked about Madden 13, or 15, but he asked about Madden 14. That's three years away; why ask about that ? Could it be that Madden 14 comes out after the license is up ?
LiquorLogic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #35
MVP
 
cdon2k's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Mar 2006
Blog Entries: 4
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #4 w/ Special Guest, Pasta Padre Available Now

Sadly, I have little hope for Madden 12. With every podcast they are setting expectations lower and lower. To my understanding, Ian and co. are saying they will work on offline franchise and online play primarily for Madden 12. It's unfortunate because I believe online franchise is the future of football games/Madden. This game is so far behind schedule (6 yrs. in and we only have a "decent" game to speak of) that it will take until Madden 14 just to get the game to where it needs to be without even mentioning a total physics redo. Where do I see Madden by '14? A great game, not revolutionary, but great.

The best thing EA/Tib could do to be that revolutionary game is give in and buy the backbreaker engine that natrual motion is so eager to sell and Madden becomes revolutionary by Madden 12.... YES I said Madden 12. Even with the "frankenchise" that exists in Madden 11 put into the backbreaker engine with Madden 11 breakaway animations (break tackles), you have a great revolutionary game for '12. Just do it EA.
cdon2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2010, 12:24 AM   #36
MVP
 
OVR: 52
Join Date: May 2008
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdon2k
Sadly, I have little hope for Madden 12. With every podcast they are setting expectations lower and lower. To my understanding, Ian and co. are saying they will work on offline franchise and online play primarily for Madden 12. It's unfortunate because I believe online franchise is the future of football games/Madden. This game is so far behind schedule (6 yrs. in and we only have a "decent" game to speak of) that it will take until Madden 14 just to get the game to where it needs to be without even mentioning a total physics redo. Where do I see Madden by '14? A great game, not revolutionary, but great.

The best thing EA/Tib could do to be that revolutionary game is give in and buy the backbreaker engine that natrual motion is so eager to sell and Madden becomes revolutionary by Madden 12.... YES I said Madden 12. Even with the "frankenchise" that exists in Madden 11 put into the backbreaker engine with Madden 11 breakaway animations (break tackles), you have a great revolutionary game for '12. Just do it EA.
Just FYI, we are super wary of generating any "hype" because of all the criticism that comes with that...which will explain why these aren't big sales pitches but much more scaled down and just talking about decision making.
Ian_Cummings is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:31 AM   #37
Nothing to see here folks
 
oneamongthefence's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 4,753
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #4 w/ Special Guest, Pasta Padre Available Now

Ian, its too late to be up on forums. Shouldn't you be having a little bit of holiday cheer and holiday spirits. I enjoy the pocasts and I believe the hype that is generated is due to its past. .not many games boast 20 plus years of history.
oneamongthefence is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 05:12 AM   #38
Pro
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Aug 2005
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #4 w/ Special Guest, Pasta Padre Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Curious why he would ask about Madden 14 in general. I haven't got to listen yet so I don't know the context.
I think 2013 is when EA's Licensing agreement with the NFL ends.
Jd_Seven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 05:45 AM   #39
49ers
 
adembroski's Arena
 
OVR: 43
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Prescott, AZ
Posts: 5,598
Blog Entries: 20
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #4 w/ Special Guest, Pasta Padre Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
Curious why he would ask about Madden 14 in general. I haven't got to listen yet so I don't know the context.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Yeah, he could've asked about Madden 13, or 15, but he asked about Madden 14. That's three years away; why ask about that ? Could it be that Madden 14 comes out after the license is up ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd_Seven
I think 2013 is when EA's Licensing agreement with the NFL ends.
This is why people overreact to everything they say. He grabbed a number out of the air, there's no special significance to it. Just picking a Madden that's a ways off. Pasta got that, as he referred to the general direction of sports gaming. You guys are trying to be too smart by half.
__________________
There are two types of people on OS: Those who disagree with me, and those who agree.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
adembroski is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 09:49 AM   #40
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Aug 2010
Re: Madden NFL Designers Podcast #4 w/ Special Guest, Pasta Padre Available Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
This is why people overreact to everything they say. He grabbed a number out of the air, there's no special significance to it. Just picking a Madden that's a ways off. Pasta got that, as he referred to the general direction of sports gaming. You guys are trying to be too smart by half.
Exactly........
dirtguru is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 AM.

Top -