Home

Taking a break from Madden.

This is a discussion on Taking a break from Madden. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2003, 02:26 AM   #1
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Taking a break from Madden.

This game has me frustrated and has my blood pressure up so high, I simply have to put it away for awhile. I don't know what to say. I am not gonna whine and complain about everything that bothers me but I honestly feel like for the first time since Madden hit the PS2 in 2000 (Madden 2001), that I didn't get my moneys worth. I'm just gonna play NCAA for a while.

I am really glad that a lot of you guys are enjoying the game and I hope I can join you soon. But if I don't stop this downward spiral now, I will break the Motherhumping disk in half and and smash it to little pieces.

And let me save ODogg the trouble by posting for him:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2003, 02:34 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Taking a break from Madden.

madden 2001 was sick at the time!
Old 08-14-2003, 02:41 AM   #3
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

dude your not the only one
Old 08-14-2003, 03:12 AM   #4
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

JohnDoe8865 said:
This game has me frustrated and has my blood pressure up so high, I simply have to put it away for awhile. I don't know what to say. I am not gonna whine and complain about everything that bothers me but I honestly feel like for the first time since Madden hit the PS2 in 2000 (Madden 2001), that I didn't get my moneys worth. I'm just gonna play NCAA for a while.

I am really glad that a lot of you guys are enjoying the game and I hope I can join you soon. But if I don't stop this downward spiral now, I will break the Motherhumping disk in half and and smash it to little pieces.

Why ya bummed JD, don't the sliders help...what's the problem man?
Old 08-14-2003, 03:13 AM   #5
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

It is a VERY tough game, but I like that about it. Sometimes it gets to be too much...like when I threw six picks w/ Carr into Miami D on PRO level. 8 TO's total, and 4 on their side..Got worked, 45 to 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2003, 03:39 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

TheMatrix31 said:
It is a VERY tough game, but I like that about it. Sometimes it gets to be too much...like when I threw six picks w/ Carr into Miami D on PRO level. 8 TO's total, and 4 on their side..Got worked, 45 to 10.

sounds like real life!!! haha, just jokin man...carr's alright i guess
Old 08-14-2003, 04:37 AM   #7
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:

Motown said:
Quote:

JohnDoe8865 said:

I don't know. I just ain't feeling Madden 2004 at all right now. I always seem to either blow out or get blown out. I can't seem to find a balance even with sliders. The game feels too "big play-centric" if you know what I mean. I mean, all I wanted was pro players using the NCAA engine, and I guess that is kinda what I expected. I really wasn't caught up in the hype, but all of the perfect 10 reviews probably have skewed me somewhat. I'm just gonna need some time to think. There are seemingly new problems or issues being found with game by the hour and I am starting to feel like I didn't get my moneys worth. I just have a dissapointed feeling.

Again, this is really not a self important post. I just need an outlet to show my frustration other than being stupid and breaking stuff.

For those who are having fun ... more power to you all.

Old 08-14-2003, 06:40 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't know. I just ain't feeling Madden 2004 at all right now. I always seem to either blow out or get blown out. I can't seem to find a balance even with sliders. The game feels too "big play-centric" if you know what I mean. I mean, all I wanted was pro players using the NCAA engine, and I guess that is kinda what I expected."

Ummm...NCAA is ALL "big-play centric." Games are like 65-0 on half your schedule. Problems may be found by the hour, but by who?? Anal people who wouldn't like the game if it WAS perfect. I only bought Madden to satisfy the football lust before the grandaddy of all games 2k4 comes out, but it is definately a great game, and the best football game I have played in a long time. People are giving Madden too hard a wrap. Aside from the NCAA roster problem this game is top rate. IMHO of course

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »