Home

Problems with kick returns....

This is a discussion on Problems with kick returns.... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-28-2010, 05:35 PM   #9
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Problems with kick returns....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I don't really find it be an issue. I get a realistic amount of TDs. My only problem/issue is that all of my TDs happen the same way: run up the middle and break outside, and run up the sideline with speed. I never really see realistic holes open up, to the point I can maneuver around blocks and break it that way. That's just me though...

This...I usually pick return middle and then return it toward the middle first than cut it back to the outside (the side you started from) and sometimes the defense gets sucked inside and I can return one back all the way or at least past the 50. It feels kind of cheep doing this, but it doesn't work every time so I still use it. but Rgiles is right there are no real lanes that open up
Old 12-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
I don't really find it be an issue. I get a realistic amount of TDs. My only problem/issue is that all of my TDs happen the same way: run up the middle and break outside, and run up the sideline with speed. I never really see realistic holes open up, to the point I can maneuver around blocks and break it that way. That's just me though...
this is how i feel aswell
Old 12-28-2010, 05:58 PM   #11
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I see nothing wrong withit. Ususally the avg field postion is around 25 to 30 yard line in the NFL . I got a few nice returns for TDs or get a nice gain to the 35-40 sometime. I see nothing wrong with the return game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2010, 06:12 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
I'm working on a remedy for this.
Some rating issues that are driving the lack of holes developing are....

KR
Personel (current set-up)
#3CB #2LOLB #2MLB #2ROLB #2SS

#1FB #2FB #3TE #2TE

#1KR #2KR

-The front four have non-blocking skills, which generates that bump-push animation.
-The back four are natural blockers, which is why they enter into the blocking animation.
**The key ratings needed for blocking will drive the back four OVR higher if increased.
**OVR may be an issue because in NCAA, it drives the pecking order for carries (QB/RB) when running and passes thrown their way (WR/TE/RB/FB) when passing. (must test to see if true for Madden)

On KO, Strength, Block-Shedding and Player Recognition are key attributes that must be reduced, but lower the OVR because they factor into the defensive player's ability.
(Set-up)
#3CB---#5WR---#2LOLB---#2SS---#2MLB---K---#3ROLB---#2TE---#2FS---#4WR---#4CB

Another affect of the Game Speed slider is that Fast/Very Fast trigger various animations that do not show on the lower settings.
This also holds true vice-versa.

I am lowering/increasing certain ratings for those positions on KO and KR and starting to see players hit the ground at a more frequent rate.

This is creating some more holes/lanes than before.
I really believe that a higher KR rating factors into a blocking boost being given to the blockers on KR.

This does not make KR easier, but creates lanes/openings that do not exist under the current set-up.

I will post a more detailed report when finished.

Last edited by khaliib; 12-28-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
This...I usually pick return middle and then return it toward the middle first than cut it back to the outside (the side you started from) and sometimes the defense gets sucked inside and I can return one back all the way or at least past the 50. It feels kind of cheep doing this, but it doesn't work every time so I still use it. but Rgiles is right there are no real lanes that open up
I've scored on several types of returns: left right, middle, and squibs.

There are ways to run them back without the middle/outside method... But those methods usually only reveal themselves against the most novice of players. They basically have to miss tackles and run out of position for those lanes to open... When they do, you can just run it right up the middle.

On kickoffs when I pick left and the kick is right, I've often run inside as far as the numbers to get human defenders to leave their lane. If I make him miss, it's off to the races in the gap just outside the numbers. The two defenders on nearest the sidelines usually are angled to hit you near the numbers. When angling back outside, the right angle gets past both.

So many ways to bring them back... it's crazy... But you can't count on good blocking without modifying the blocking a bit.

Later
Old 12-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

I was having similar issues with returns until i drafted a CB with 98 spd & 99 acc & agi, now 5 Td's a season.

Just do as TNT713 says with a quick player and you'll be sweet

Just need speed and you'll be off like a bandito in the night

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »