Home

Single Player = Not Authentic

This is a discussion on Single Player = Not Authentic within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2003, 08:17 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Single Player = Not Authentic

Madden may have an excellent franchise mode but the 'on-the-field' action is fairly lame. Teams don't play like their real-like counterpart. For example, I find Tampa's secondary weak and passive... Their defense is no faster then the Lions or Chiefs. The Rams offense isn't potent and Warner throws no differently then Rodney Peete. Carolina's defense, 2nd in the NFC, gives up big play after big play... AI offenses seem to run the same 10-12 plays. After 8 games in my franchise, it seems the AI has become predictable.

If the DB AI has improved, I'd like for someone to show me where/how. My DBs don't react to the ball and are frequently out of position. (Even AFTER slider adjustments) My scores average in the 40s.. PER TEAM! Half-time scores are typically 35-28 or something in that range.

I sure hope ESPN has realistic 'on the field' gameplay. Madden just doesn't play realistically for me. Playing Seattle is no different then playing Washington or Miami. Every offense is the same, every defense is the same. Everyone runs about the same speed... QBs have about the same arm-strength...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2003, 08:22 AM   #2
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18
Re: Single Player = Not Authentic

"I sure hope ESPN has realistic 'on the field' gameplay. Madden just doesn't play realistically for me. Playing Seattle is no different then playing Washington or Miami. Every offense is the same, every defense is the same. Everyone runs about the same speed... QBs have about the same arm-strength... "

Come on man that is a rediculous statement.

Have you honestly even played the game?

Old 08-14-2003, 08:41 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:

MaddenMan said:
"I sure hope ESPN has realistic 'on the field' gameplay. Madden just doesn't play realistically for me. Playing Seattle is no different then playing Washington or Miami. Every offense is the same, every defense is the same. Everyone runs about the same speed... QBs have about the same arm-strength... "

Come on man that is a rediculous statement.

Have you honestly even played the game?

As i said, I am eight games into my franchise and with the exception of one or two 'unique' formations every team plays about the same. I've never played the SEGA franchise but I sincerely hope its more realistic in terms of how teams play. Every team plays about the same... This is on all-pro with slightly modified sliders.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:45 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Your absolutely right Zealot, I have noticed that too. But, when you play on ROOKIE, I guess we can expect that.

Old 08-14-2003, 08:56 AM   #5
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:

msstherock said:
Your absolutely right Zealot, I have noticed that too. But, when you play on ROOKIE, I guess we can expect that.

Please guys - PLAY on ALL-PRO. Rookie is for 5 y/o kids.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2003, 09:17 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:

MaddenMan said:
Quote:

msstherock said:

Please guys - PLAY on ALL-PRO. Rookie is for 5 y/o kids.

Is All-Pro considered Rookie? I've been playing all my games on All-Pro because I've played Madden since 1996 and feel I know how to play the game... Any other tips?
Old 08-14-2003, 09:23 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, double-check and make sure that the game is acutally on All-Pro and not Rookie before you start up a game. And if it is on All-Pro, then a "GREAT" player like you shouldn't be playing that anyway, your a Madden god, allegedly, and you should be playing on All-Madden. I'm sure you'll find the defenses there much different from Rookie...err...All-Pro...err...allegedly.

Old 08-14-2003, 09:29 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:

msstherock said:
Quote:
Is All-Pro considered Rookie? I've been playing all my games on All-Pro because I've played Madden since 1996 and feel I know how to play the game... Any other tips?
Yeah, double-check and make sure that the game is acutally on All-Pro and not Rookie before you start up a game. And if it is on All-Pro, then a "GREAT" player like you shouldn't be playing that anyway, your a Madden god, allegedly, and you should be playing on All-Madden. I'm sure you'll find the defenses there much different from Rookie...err...All-Pro...err...allegedly.

Whatever...

I've been playing Madden since 1996 and by no means, do I consider myself to be good. Its not a problem of being too easy, although I score 40-50 points a game... its that teams play the same. Offensively and defensively, the only difference each week is the uniform. Again, not difficulty... I've had my share of losses usually scores like 63-59 or 49-45 etc. Shootouts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »