Home

Madden needs a momentum bar or overall fatigue bar

This is a discussion on Madden needs a momentum bar or overall fatigue bar within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2010, 09:57 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: Madden needs a momentum bar or overall fatigue bar

Fatigue is already implemented quite well actually. There's visual representation also. You guys really dont see it?
Old 12-30-2010, 11:31 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't mind seeing bars presnap, but during the play, I want nothing on the screen. A bar like this might be a great thing as long as we can customize it and have plenty of options.

― Plato
Old 12-31-2010, 12:54 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopie
i think 03 was the last time fatigue really played a factor.if u ran the ball well for much of the game by the 4th the defense was tired out.causing bad tackling and everybody moved slower 03 was a very good Madden IMO
Fatigue has been a factor for a long time - except the year of the Quicksand Glitch.

For at least the last two years the defensive team get's fatigued. As a matter of fact, I often recall posts where players ask why their starting WR is playing DB. It's because of fatigue.

The issue is that the offense doesn't see how tired the defense is.

Players who us no-huddle know full well that defenses tire... it's part of their strategy. Defenses begin to suck wind if the chains keep moving. If you're calling your defense, you'll notice red, yellow, grey, and green defenders signifying fatigue... They play like it too. Personnel rotation is a key strategy of mine because I have limited talent on my defense. I have to make sure I have 2 fresh linebackers at all times.

But we don't need a meter... We just need to show tired defenders doing what tired defenders do. Defenders don't put their hands on their knees or huff and wheeze to show outward signs of fatigue.

If we do that... We don't need a meter.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2010, 01:00 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 12

^Dude, you make good posts.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:48 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes fatigue is in the game but not done well.

Fatigue doesnt matter though for the overall game.
You might see it on a drive long and if after the drive a quick turnover happens then you get wrs at db... Thats not realistic. You never see it factor in to the 4th quarter. Its just start a drive full strength and regain full strength not long after.

It would be better if every player started at full strength threshold that lowers throughout the game. The player can regain his fatigue back but the threshold would be lowered as game progresses and determined by outcome of sustained drives ect.

Offensive players shouldnt be subbed in also.

Also on momentum...its so big every Sunday. Coaches calling key timeouts, a player making a big play, little things that turn tide of a game. I cant put my finger on it off the top of my head but Im sure there is a bunch of ways momentum could be factored into a videogame realistically.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:13 AM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimsGiants
Yes fatigue is in the game but not done well.

Fatigue doesnt matter though for the overall game.
You might see it on a drive long and if after the drive a quick turnover happens then you get wrs at db... Thats not realistic. You never see it factor in to the 4th quarter. Its just start a drive full strength and regain full strength not long after.

It would be better if every player started at full strength threshold that lowers throughout the game. The player can regain his fatigue back but the threshold would be lowered as game progresses and determined by outcome of sustained drives etc.

Offensive players shouldnt be subbed in also.
I'm not sure about other gaming modes but online, there is a cumulative effect to running the ball that is evident late in games. I personally have noticed a distinct pattern to fatigue in the 4th quarter that makes it easier to run the ball late in games.

My runs through the middle that went for 1 and 2 yards early in the game end up going for 2-5 in the 3rd, and I'm sure to pop one for 20+ late in the 4th.

Also, when players return at 'full strength' that's just an illusion. If they were gassed before, they won't maintain their 'full strength' rating for more than a play before they are gassed again. Next thing you know the whole team is on the bench...

Also, offensive players aren't the only ones that might get subbed out of position due to fatigue. Anytime players use default rosters, many of the depth chart positions are empty. Any player might be subbed in... I always check my depth chart after it's reordered to make sure the subs I want come in... having a DE at OLB isn't the best idea for my scheme, but if I don't change my depth chart, Tyler Brayton is the default sub on both sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimsGiants
Also on momentum...its so big every Sunday. Coaches calling key timeouts, a player making a big play, little things that turn tide of a game. I cant put my finger on it off the top of my head but Im sure there is a bunch of ways momentum could be factored into a videogame realistically.
Momentum is all in the situations. A team that can stay in 3rd and short situations can maintain momentum. If the defense can force 3rd and long situations they can pick up momentum. But each situation is momentum for someone...

Momentum as a mental aspect is also incorporated. Like real life it can't be seen or measured, but you know when you have it, when you don't, and when it turns for or against you.

Case in point... I played my best friend for $50 in an elaborate ploy to get a pretty girl to come to my apartment. Long story short, I'm kicking butt. Up 62-28 momentum changed. I couldn't score or stop my friend anymore and he ended up winning 68-62.

Needless to say, it's already in the game if you play head-to-head.

Later
Old 12-31-2010, 05:19 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Fatigue has been a factor for a long time - except the year of the Quicksand Glitch.

For at least the last two years the defensive team get's fatigued. As a matter of fact, I often recall posts where players ask why their starting WR is playing DB. It's because of fatigue.

The issue is that the offense doesn't see how tired the defense is.

Players who us no-huddle know full well that defenses tire... it's part of their strategy. Defenses begin to suck wind if the chains keep moving. If you're calling your defense, you'll notice red, yellow, grey, and green defenders signifying fatigue... They play like it too. Personnel rotation is a key strategy of mine because I have limited talent on my defense. I have to make sure I have 2 fresh linebackers at all times.

But we don't need a meter... We just need to show tired defenders doing what tired defenders do. Defenders don't put their hands on their knees or huff and wheeze to show outward signs of fatigue.

If we do that... We don't need a meter.

Later
This is what I was trying to get across earlier. Actually, there is fatigue visual representation for the O line, D line, WRs, and RBs.

LBs, CBs and Safeties are a different story. Haven't observed fatigue animations with them. You'll just get a sub all of a sudden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2010, 03:18 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
LBs, CBs and Safeties are a different story. Haven't observed fatigue animations with them. You'll just get a sub all of a sudden.
I haven't seen any fatigue animations for anyone, but I haven't really been looking hard either. I'm usually watching the playcall screen to track fatigue.

As for DBs and LBs (I control them a lot). I notice that they stay green for a long time, but once they turn yellow they have about 2-4 plays left before they get subbed.

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »