Home

Madden needs a momentum bar or overall fatigue bar

This is a discussion on Madden needs a momentum bar or overall fatigue bar within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-31-2010, 07:36 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: Madden needs a momentum bar or overall fatigue bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
I haven't seen any fatigue animations for anyone, but I haven't really been looking hard either. I'm usually watching the playcall screen to track fatigue.

As for DBs and LBs (I control them a lot). I notice that they stay green for a long time, but once they turn yellow they have about 2-4 plays left before they get subbed.

Later
Yes, its easier to see if you turn up your fatigue slider to around 60-70. In sustained drives, you'll see your RBs leaning over breathing extra hard, WRs shoulders slumped, D-Line/O-line have noticeable animations also.

Dont know why they didn't implement any animations for the LBs and CBs.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:55 PM   #18
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

If momentum isn't in the game against the computer, then it is one of the best placebo effects I have seen in Madden.

The combination of fatigue, score, completed passes, turn overs, and so on make it very visible to me that there is momentum in Madden.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:12 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 29

I just noticed the OL fatigue the other day. actually made me LOL to see their heads bobbing up and down from the three point stance. It's also pretty helpful because if I have run play called and my two OL on that side are bobbing I'm pretty sure i'm screwed.

I haven't noticed any of the others so I'll have to keep my eyes open
Old 01-01-2011, 02:13 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Um... I don't like this idea at all. Power meters, fatigue meters, or any other type of meter would merely make the game look and feel more like an arcade game.

Back on Madden 99 there was a system that showed fatigue of the team you controlled on offense when the coach cam was activated. THANK GOD IT WENT AWAY.

I hope to never see anything on the Madden field of play that isn't either legitimately visible in a game, or necessary for gameplay.

Please no additional visuals unless they actually exist...

Later

perhaps there's an option to hide it.wow,that was hard.all jokes inside, i think he's saying there should be a bar for proper speed burst.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »