Home

Sprint button Question

This is a discussion on Sprint button Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Sprint button Question

Is the Spint button tied to the left stick in Madden 2011 like it is in NCAA?

It seems to be, but wanted to make sure as it didn't say anything in the manual.

The harder I press up, the faster my player runs, right? No Need to hit the sprint button anymore?

Also I turned off Auto Sprint in the gameplay menu, do most people do this?

I play alot more NCAA than Madden, so I am new to the Madden, but in NCAA it seemed to make a huge difference in the run game, you had to sometimes hunt for your hole and then explode through it, then slow down again and get your second level blocks to develop before you hit top gear again to make a big run. This was left stick only running. Are you finding the same in Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Sprint button Question

The sprint button is RT.

If you turned off auto-sprint then you must hit and hold RT everytime you want to sprint.

I would just turn auto-sprint on. But that's just me.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
The sprint button is RT.

If you turned off auto-sprint then you must hit and hold RT everytime you want to sprint.

I would just turn auto-sprint on. But that's just me.
So the left stick isn't pressure sensative like in NCAA? So with auto sprint on, you never have to use the trigger?
Old 12-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Never, the left analog is for juking and try to get through defenders

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 12-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
Never, the left analog is for juking and try to get through defenders

Thats the right stick....In NCAA the left stick is pressure sensative so if you push up lightly on it, you will run slower and if you press all the way up(Or whatever direction you want to run) on it, you will Sprint no need to hit the trigger.

I guess this isn't the case for Madden 2011 then. Suprised that innovation wasn't included because its an excellent feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #6
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Thats the right stick....In NCAA the left stick is pressure sensative so if you push up lightly on it, you will run slower and if you press all the way up(Or whatever direction you want to run) on it, you will Sprint no need to hit the trigger.

I guess this isn't the case for Madden 2011 then. Suprised that innovation wasn't included because its an excellent feature.
It is included in Madden, but as an option. With auto sprint ON you don't need the sprint button, it is completely stick driven like NCAA. With auto sprint OFF, you must use the sprint button.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:38 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Is the Spint button tied to the left stick in Madden 2011 like it is in NCAA?

It seems to be, but wanted to make sure as it didn't say anything in the manual.

The harder I press up, the faster my player runs, right? No Need to hit the sprint button anymore?

Also I turned off Auto Sprint in the gameplay menu, do most people do this?

I play alot more NCAA than Madden, so I am new to the Madden, but in NCAA it seemed to make a huge difference in the run game, you had to sometimes hunt for your hole and then explode through it, then slow down again and get your second level blocks to develop before you hit top gear again to make a big run. This was left stick only running. Are you finding the same in Madden?
I'm not sure, but I'm think Madden and NCAA have a basic premise that work identically by default. Auto-Sprint is ON be default which makes the R2/RT null and void.

That being said, I was far too unimpressed by the Madden Auto-Sprint feature. I simply couldn't tell when my players were sprinting and when they weren't unless I was in the open field.

After disabling Auto-Sprint, I've had far greater success in controlling when/if my player sprints according to my own wishes. That's how I want it...

Later
Old 12-30-2010, 10:03 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
I'm not sure, but I'm think Madden and NCAA have a basic premise that work identically by default. Auto-Sprint is ON be default which makes the R2/RT null and void.

That being said, I was far too unimpressed by the Madden Auto-Sprint feature. I simply couldn't tell when my players were sprinting and when they weren't unless I was in the open field.

After disabling Auto-Sprint, I've had far greater success in controlling when/if my player sprints according to my own wishes. That's how I want it...

Later
me too, i rather have it off

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »