Home

I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to...

This is a discussion on I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2010, 10:15 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
The only thing the Madden developers have said is that this game is tuned/adjusted based off default All-Pro difficulty.

With All-Madden, I know it's been addressed by Ian in the past but I can't remember his answer. If I'm remebering right (someone please correct me if I am wrong), I believe the CPU receives some sort of under the hood boost. So yes, the sliders are still at 50 since you haven't changed them, but there is a vast difference in the way the CPU plays from All-Pro to All-Madden due to things we are unable to see.
Thats exactly what I thought. Its too bad too because I like the way the AI plays on ALL-Madden, but there are a few tweaks I need to make. If you go into to custom, you pretty much are playing All-Pro with some slider adjustments and not truly playing All-Madden anymore IMO.

Also, its silly to have global Special team sliders. You can't make the FG kicking any harder without the AI missing every FG.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:17 AM   #10
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Thats exactly what I thought. Its too bad too because I like the way the AI plays on ALL-Madden, but there are a few tweaks I need to make. If you go into to custom, you pretty much are playing All-Pro with some slider adjustments and not truly playing All-Madden anymore IMO.

Also, its silly to have global Special team sliders. You can't make the FG kicking any harder without the AI missing every FG.
I agree with you and it's why I had such a hard time settling in on sliders for this game.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 12-31-2010, 10:23 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
I agree with you and it's why I had such a hard time settling in on sliders for this game.
I'm working on a set and I am sure I can get it where I need it to be....But I do wonder what the developers were thinking with their slider format decision.

Overall though, I really like the game. Its different enough from NCAA that its a good change of pace.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2010, 11:22 AM   #12
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I'm working on a set and I am sure I can get it where I need it to be....But I do wonder what the developers were thinking with their slider format decision.

Overall though, I really like the game. Its different enough from NCAA that its a good change of pace.
I hope you post your sliders. I enjoyed your latest NCAA 11 set and built my recent set based off what you and a few other guys had come up with.

I'm having a lot of fun with Madden now. I'm glad I didn't trade it in.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 12-31-2010, 11:47 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
I hope you post your sliders. I enjoyed your latest NCAA 11 set and built my recent set based off what you and a few other guys had come up with.

I'm having a lot of fun with Madden now. I'm glad I didn't trade it in.
Yeah I definitely will. I plan to spend some time with the game on Sunday and Monday. I know what needs to be done. justy have to get to do a little testing.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:30 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
The only thing the Madden developers have said is that this game is tuned/adjusted based off default All-Pro difficulty.

With All-Madden, I know it's been addressed by Ian in the past but I can't remember his answer. If I'm remebering right (someone please correct me if I am wrong), I believe the CPU receives some sort of under the hood boost. So yes, the sliders are still at 50 since you haven't changed them, but there is a vast difference in the way the CPU plays from All-Pro to All-Madden due to things we are unable to see.
Also, the user must make plays on All-Madden in addition to the AI boosts.

Later

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »