Home

Whats the general consensus on Playmaker?

This is a discussion on Whats the general consensus on Playmaker? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2003, 11:35 AM   #9
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Whats the general consensus on Playmaker?

I haven't used it in-play on offense, but the defense in-play is fantastic. Absolutely.

I love having to really watch the QB to see if it's a run or pass, then respond accorningly. Makes play actions and draws work the way they should.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:48 AM   #10
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I love playmaker. My two biggest favs are switching directions of a run play when the defense shifts to one side. And calling a reciever to come back to you, to go out, or move him left or right while scrambling. It works really well once you get the hang of it.

But its vital to have a scrambling QB or else its useless. One thing I do with Kordell is rollout, see if my recievers are covered. If its no LB spying on me, I'll run, but if it is a spy, I bring down the icons, pretend to run to get him to pursue me, bring em back up, tell my WR to head towards me, pump fake to get him in the air, and throw a perfect bullet to him that gets me 5-7 yards.

Turning a play from nothing to something is what I like. And on D, unless you're sure they'll run, dont playmaker blitz all the time. I got caught to mny times rushing my LBs on a playaction only to have a almost all the WRs open.

But all in all, it is a gift to us. Once you learn it and learn it well, the game will open up for you.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:52 AM   #11
Rookie

JStro's Arena

OVR: 6

The only time I use Playmaker on offense is to change the direction of a run before the ball is hiked. On defense I use it almost every play. I'm always using it telling my players to look for the run or pass on certain plays. There have been times where they used play action and I had already committed my defense to look for the run.

I hardly ever use it on offense after the ball is hiked because I already have to many things to worry about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2003, 01:02 PM   #12
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

Vinceanity2k3 said:
Quote:

LetsGoPitt said:
I think the before the play stuff is GREAT. I especially love being able to change the direction of a run without the D switching sides like they do if you flip the play on an audible. The Hot Route stuff is really nice too.

I haven't used it during the play though.

You should cause that is the best part of the Playmaker is using it when your QB is scrambling.

Problem is, I have Tommy Maddox, so scrambling = no.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:27 PM   #13
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:

BeanTownBrawler said:
This is probably the most interesting aspect of madden to me this year. Although I probably will just wait for 2k4, I want to know if playmaker is all its cracked up to be, cuz im considering a purchase. The reviewers say its gods gift to football fans, but I've heard from people that its not that great. What do you guys think? Is it realistic, and more importantly useful?

I'm actually so used to it that I popped in Madden 2003 last night for about 30 minutes and it feels like crap compared to 2004. It is a must and I'm absolutely sure that ESPN2k5 and Fever 2005 will have something similar - it is a good thing to emulate this feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »