Home

Are Salaries Actual NFL Salaries?

This is a discussion on Are Salaries Actual NFL Salaries? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Are Salaries Actual NFL Salaries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart2180
It really doesnt matter anyways cause the cap is broken in Madden. You can resign your entire team without a dent caused in your cap space. Something Im praying gets fixed in the next 5 years (being realistic lol).

Boy I disagree...depends on the team but I had the Vikes and had a hard time keeping guys...had to let some go. Same with a create a team chise I had.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #10
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Are Salaries Actual NFL Salaries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
First I've heard of that, unless they are universally leaked I am pretty sure this information is freely available to media and other relevant individuals in some form. There are sites like this though it's only updated annually - http://content.usatoday.com/sports/f...s/default.aspx

I forget where you can see the current deals, NFLPA or some site used to have them all.

Compensation and bonus structures can be complex, so they're not 100% accurate in Madden, that's for sure. Would be awesome to be able to do incentive-laden contracts.
Quote:
The data are based on USA TODAY research, information from player agents and NFL Players Association research documents.
As I said, it's not freely distributed by the NFL. Some of it comes out via press release, some teams don't care too much if their numbers are known. When I say "confidential", I'm not saying they take steps to hide it, they just don't make it available on request.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »