Home

Player Chatter and Altercations

This is a discussion on Player Chatter and Altercations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do You Think This Is a Cool Addition?
Yes 30 62.50%
No 6 12.50%
Cool but I can deal without it 12 25.00%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Player Chatter and Altercations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch masta
Thank you my man! I think some of these guys are making excuses for EA beign a lack lester company. Come on, even their NBA series has gone down.

Now on your point with the fumble scrums,I saw a guy push the opposite player in the back but not much action after that.

even that's broken..the player that gets pushed falls on the pile and switches teams. they tried to fix it by editing out the scrum after the push but somehow it has found it's way back in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 8

I like to hear the field sounds and always have since the player trash talk was added. My favorite line was from Madden 2000 where after an INT someone says, "QB must think he's on our team."

But the NFL won't allow fights and after the play altercations... They have a stake in how their brand is presented to fans.

Later
Old 01-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #27
Pro

pf8363's Arena

OVR: 13

just keep adding those features we had back in 2004 and let ea market them as brand new.... :/

- started 11/15/08
Old 01-03-2011, 11:57 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 20

funny, lol.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:17 AM   #29
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I chose No because I never want to hear "yea laydown sucka" From my football game.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

all the people who say the nfl wouldnt allow roughing/negative stuff are been short sighted. as it turns out, this could be a perfect oppurtunity for the nfl to use madden as a propoganda machine to further highlight the negative effects this has (i.e. penalties been detrimental in the game, players getting fines/suspensions for hits in franchise (which affects the user gm) or the user losing his top players to concussions all the time.

i always thought this during T.O.'s prime when he was always causing trouble. they couldve added stuff like that in the game & just made it a detriment to the user. (side note: they sort of did do this in superstar mode (last gen) with the "lone wolf" player role, but it didnt have that great of an affect).
Old 01-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyNutman
all the people who say the nfl wouldnt allow roughing/negative stuff are been short sighted. as it turns out, this could be a perfect oppurtunity for the nfl to use madden as a propoganda machine to further highlight the negative effects this has (i.e. penalties been detrimental in the game, players getting fines/suspensions for hits in franchise (which affects the user gm) or the user losing his top players to concussions all the time.

i always thought this during T.O.'s prime when he was always causing trouble. they couldve added stuff like that in the game & just made it a detriment to the user. (side note: they sort of did do this in superstar mode (last gen) with the "lone wolf" player role, but it didnt have that great of an affect).
Sorry, it's not being short-sided based on what the developers stated a few years ago. Sorry, for anyone that wants me to provide a link, I'm not able to search 30 minutes for a link. My memory isn't that bad. lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2011, 01:56 PM   #32
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Sorry, it's not being short-sided based on what the developers stated a few years ago. Sorry, for anyone that wants me to provide a link, I'm not able to search 30 minutes for a link. My memory isn't that bad. lol.

I don't think they are asking for a link because they don't believe that you saw a developer say/post that. I think they are rhetorically asking for a link, that none of us would ever be able to produce, because they don't believe that the NFL actually said that SOME of the things that the devs claim they can't do, because the NFL said they couldn't, are actually things that the devs are just unable or uninterested, or untalented enough to do.

I'm not saying this mods. I'm just translating the text between the lines, is all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »