Home

Offline Franchise Simmed and...

This is a discussion on Offline Franchise Simmed and... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #57
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Offline Franchise Simmed and...

Did all this stuff too and got the Giants result, very freaking annoying considering I took all that time simming to get the right teams to win they're games throughout the season. Maybe, maybe one of the things that Madden should do in addition to actually fixing the seeding issue in franchise is add a damn playoff mode as well. Instead of just being able to play the Super Bowl anytime you want, make an entire playoff mode where people can go through the real life playoff matchups as is a popular thing to do with pretty much EVERY sports game in the world.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:45 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 44
Re: Two problems with Franchise mode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no
I have a video showing the playoff bug and tie breaking bug on youtube, and in My Arena on this Site, check it out!
I absolutely saw the video! But I wanted you guys to confirm the alphabetical order for tiebreakers.... this is what I believe happens regardless of points... What do you guys think? Tiebreaker determined by alphabetical order?

Facebook.com/ufl2012
YouTube.com/ufl2012
Follow me on [email protected]
Old 01-28-2011, 12:36 AM   #59
Rookie

In our online franchise there were around 4 teams tied at 9-7 for the last 2 wild card spots:

1. Cowboys 9-7
2. 49ers 9-7
3. Tampa Bay Bucs 9-7
4. Vikings 9-7
5. Redskins 9-7

The teams that advanced to the wild card were:

1. 49ers
2. Cowboys

Why didn't the bucs go if it's alphabetica order? DAMN IT!

Facebook.com/ufl2012
YouTube.com/ufl2012
Old 01-28-2011, 12:40 AM   #60
Rookie

I think there is a Cowboys glitch when it comes to alphabetical order playoff tiebreaks. That's my only explenation. I simmed through an offline franchise and the Cowboys snuck in there as well. Alphabetical order rule did apply for the other teams but when the Cowboys are in the mix they usually get in.... Could it be because they are America's team?

Facebook.com/ufl2012
YouTube.com/ufl2012
Old 01-31-2011, 02:49 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixzero
I think there is a Cowboys glitch when it comes to alphabetical order playoff tiebreaks. That's my only explenation. I simmed through an offline franchise and the Cowboys snuck in there as well. Alphabetical order rule did apply for the other teams but when the Cowboys are in the mix they usually get in.... Could it be because they are America's team?
LOL who knows what is going on. I remember in Madden 2006 (using the 2005 - 2006 NFL season), The Bucs and Bears both won their division and were tied with 11 - 5 records, but Madden gave the Bucs the first round Bye even though the Bears beat the Bucs in week 15. So the alphabetical rule didn't seem to apply here, but in any case case it was wrong because the Bears got the first round bye in real life.

Ironically this same year in the AFC the playoff bug was first exposed. The #4 Patriots (10 - 6) and #6 Steelers (11 - 5) won their Wild Card games, but Madden put the Patriots at the Colts and Steelers at Broncos, instead of what actually happened in real life which was the Patriots at Broncos and Steelers and Colts.

Last edited by WdnUlik2no; 01-31-2011 at 02:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2011, 03:12 AM   #62
Rookie

I would like to correct myself.. The Cowboys ended 10-7 which is why they made it to the wild card round. However there were still 4 teams with a 9-7 record. The San Fran 49ers made it in....

I am assuming they made it in because madden places numbers before letters.

Facebook.com/ufl2012
YouTube.com/ufl2012
Old 01-31-2011, 04:13 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixzero
I would like to correct myself.. The Cowboys ended 10-7 which is why they made it to the wild card round. However there were still 4 teams with a 9-7 record. The San Fran 49ers made it in....

I am assuming they made it in because madden places numbers before letters.
yes you are correct about that; numbers will come before letters so the 49ers (using the alphabetical rule) would make sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »