Home

Team rankings(not ratings) in Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Team rankings(not ratings) in Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Team rankings(not ratings) in Franchise Mode

Am I the only one who has noticed that the game no longers keeps track of the team's statistical rankings? IRL, analysts are always talking about where a team ranks in all the major statistical categories, ie: "These guys are first in the NFL at stopping the run," or "this team only ranks 28th in the league passing the ball."

Sure, Madden has the team stats screen, but it's not very comprehensive. It's not even numbered. If I remember correctly, on last gen games you used to be able to access a screen prior to a game that woud give you each teams rankings in all the major categories (Total Off, Pass Off, Rush Off, Total D, Pass D and Rush D) For me, that is a great scouting tool, helping me to decide how to attack a team and determine what I'm up against.

What I'd like to see in future version is "Team Pages" that are similiar to the player pages. Any time your in the Schedule or Standings screen you would be able to click on a team to access their team page which would include all of the following info:

1. Team Ranking for all the above listed categories plus sacks, Turnovers and turnover differential.
2. Won-Loss record for each year of the franchise (noting which years they made the playoffs either as a Division Champ or Wildcard.
3. Head coach, Offensive coordinator and Defensive Coordinator
4. Results of their last three to five games, possibly with individual stat leaders.

What do you guys think? Anyone else have any ideas of what could be added to the screen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
Rookie

stp2081's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Team rankings(not ratings) in Franchise Mode

I totally agree. I think it helps add to the immersion when you analyze which team in your franchise is leading the league in sacks, or turnover differential, or rushing yards, etc. and it'd be really cool if there was a quick way to analyze all this for a given team like you described in the last-gen feature.

Extra Point does this to an extent, but the presentation is quick and very limited (usually when discussing a certain match-up, randomly commenting on either rankings in penalties, passing yards, and turnovers).

Last edited by stp2081; 01-05-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:38 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Team rankings(not ratings) in Franchise Mode

Not to mention that not to many people pay attention to The Extra Point considering it's basically an unfinished product. But it could be a good way to include all the things I mentioned

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »