Home

Creating Multiple Saves for Franchise (PS3)?

This is a discussion on Creating Multiple Saves for Franchise (PS3)? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Creating Multiple Saves for Franchise (PS3)?

Mods...feel free to delete this:

I searched to no avail...

I see that you can save by manually hitting the L3 and then overwriting the previous data, but I'd like to create multiple saves to:

A) Have backups in case of a freeze

B) Have a "base" franchise I can re-use that has some coach philosophy adjustments, etc. that I'd prefer to not have to recreate when I start a new franchise...

How do I create and name multiple saves?

Thanks!

Last edited by KingV2k3; 01-05-2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: I figured it out...didn't see the save franchise option in the settings menu...my bad!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Creating Multiple Saves for Franchise (PS3)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Mods...feel free to delete this:

I searched to no avail...

I see that you can save by manually hitting the L3 and then overwriting the previous data, but I'd like to create multiple saves to:

A) Have backups in case of a freeze

B) Have a "base" franchise I can re-use that has some coach philosophy adjustments, etc. that I'd prefer to not have to recreate when I start a new franchise...

How do I create and name multiple saves?

Thanks!
You go into Game Data Utility and there is your Roster file, Franchise file, and Profile. You put in a formatted USB stick and select and copy whatever you want onto the USB stick. You can also backup everything on the hdd including settings by using the Backup utility under I think it's called system settings on the dash. This is all a very easy way to backup stored data in case of hdd failure.

When you insert a new hdd, you must have the latest patch for PS3 on say a USB stick and the console will prompt for it when powering on with new hdd.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

I just wanted to clone a few base franchise sets, but the detailed jump drive info is very much appreciated as well...

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

I don't know if this solves your problem but when experimenting with a franchise, I have the original saved with L3...I then in the franchise menu (settings?...the last one...) and there is something called save franchise. I can then save it there under another name. basically I have the same franchise 2x so if I do something stupid (like sim 3 weeks and save it by accident) I can go back to my starting point.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:55 PM   #5
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
I don't know if this solves your problem but when experimenting with a franchise, I have the original saved with L3...I then in the franchise menu (settings?...the last one...) and there is something called save franchise. I can then save it there under another name. basically I have the same franchise 2x so if I do something stupid (like sim 3 weeks and save it by accident) I can go back to my starting point.
Yeah, this was exactly what I wasn't finding...

I had a temp case of "out of the shrinkwrap" overload...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #6
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

You can have the franchise saved under 2 names but if your hard drive goes, you have nothing. Best way is to save franchise and profile on a USB stick, which you can transfer to PC and keep in My Documents. Of course, this should be done periodically, as you would backup your PC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »