Home

Game play ok...repair other stuff....

This is a discussion on Game play ok...repair other stuff.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Game play ok...repair other stuff....

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
edit the player ratings thats what i mean......
How do I get edited rosters into my PS3 franchise?
Old 01-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #34
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
And it didn't have blocking assignments, pro-tak, player momentum, etc. The old-gen games had more options, for sure, but that doesn't necessarily make it more realistic. I guess we just have different ideas of what gameplay entails. The bottom line is, the game has things that must be improved, but I'd rather see "core" things like proper protection schemes, proper zone coverage, better animations and true to life route depths before things like formation shifting and individual assignment tweaking. I believe that the problems with the game came from the fact that they tried to do too much back then, instead of getting the "core" stuff right.
Pro-tak in Madden 10 was a annoying group hug animation that still allowed guys like Joseph Addai the ability to power through 2 defensive lineman. It was scaled back to the point it alost didn't exist in 11. Player momentum isn't respected in either game that well but the animations in ps2 were better. You also have bump and run animations that go on for 10-15 yards down the field in the new game, not legal and not remotely realistic.

I don't consider individual defense assignments or the strat pad "options" either. They are gameplay problems because they are essential to playing defense and yet they are terrible on the current game. Defense is half the game yet we are foced to rely on the cpu for just about everything but the play call, and gameflow will even take that out of our hands if we wish.

I do agree protection schemes and proper zone coverage need to be addressed, but as far as I'm concerned those are gameplay issues as well. The one thing EA can't do imo is simply add a few nuggets to franchise mode and a halftime show and call it a day. The game isn't close to that level yet.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #35
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtguru
there are no share features you edit then start your chise,

call me crazy but i dont believe the o-line is the problem, its the PRC of the DL and the 30's the WR/TE have for blocking that completely breaks madden, its a shame when the pulling OL has to choose between a DB and a LB when the WR is standing there doing nothing, its these small issues that lead to some blocking issues

not saying the logic is perfect but with a 30 blk rating a player wont even attenpt to block.....

RB's with 40 pass block dont even attempt to chip or pickup blitzers, unfortunately its our duty to fix such miscues be EA....

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #36
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtguru
Do you mean the updated Madden Rosters from EA? If yes, just select Online at the main page and choose Rosters on the site. You will have an option to save your default roster.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #37
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
there are no share features you edit then start your chise,

call me crazy but i dont believe the o-line is the problem, its the PRC of the DL and the 30's the WR/TE have for blocking that completely breaks madden, its a shame when the pulling OL has to choose between a DB and a LB when the WR is standing there doing nothing, its these small issues that lead to some blocking issues

not saying the logic is perfect but with a 30 blk rating a player wont even attenpt to block.....

RB's with 40 pass block dont even attempt to chip or pickup blitzers, unfortunately its our duty to fix such miscues be EA....
With a 3-4 defense, take control of your DT (NT) and stand him up before the play begins. Keep him standing up and when the play starts, let go of control and let him act on his own. As I've observed every time is he goes back down and into the Center--not trying to go around the Center, just into him. Do the same thing with DEs, stand them up but this time get them a bit away from the outside OL and let him go at the snap. He will most likely run into the OL who was supposed to block him.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #38
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVM
With a 3-4 defense, take control of your DT (NT) and stand him up before the play begins. Keep him standing up and when the play starts, let go of control and let him act on his own. As I've observed every time is he goes back down and into the Center--not trying to go around the Center, just into him. Do the same thing with DEs, stand them up but this time get them a bit away from the outside OL and let him go at the snap. He will most likely run into the OL who was supposed to block him.

fair enough, this might be fixed if we got to select the angle/stunt we wanted him to rush as in the play you mentioned he was ordered to go straight in the back field so he goes straight ahead.

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 01-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
fair enough, this might be fixed if we got to select the angle/stunt we wanted him to rush as in the play you mentioned he was ordered to go straight in the back field so he goes straight ahead.

Played with NGata last night vs Hardwicke....yes, many animations with one on one blocks...BUT.....I stunt and slant my line alot...he was almost unblockable when I did that. Stat line: 7 tackles, 2 sacks, 4 tfl.....
Also maybe a higher break block,run reaction or lower the blocking of the cpu or something in the sliders may help.
I find that I do need to adjust slider settings to get the best results...
Old 01-09-2011, 04:28 PM   #40
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by havokeff
What do you want to see? Ngata finished this season with 63 tackles and 5.5 sacks. That is like less than 4 tackles a game and like .3 sacks a game. This isn't a glaring issue if you understand that in real life offensive linemen win the battle like 99% of the time.

To take it further Ngata's best statistical game this year had him make 11 combined tackles (8/3) and one sack. It is one or two games like this that get him into the Pro Bowl. What is really telling though is that in four games this season he had only 1 tackle all game and two of those games the tackles were assists.

Defensive linemen, especially in the 3-4 get handled all the time even by mediocre offensive linemen.

It's the bane of offensive linemen because they dominate all game and give up one sack or a key tackle and all of a sudden the guy who was getting his butt kicked all day long gets a Sportscenter highlight.

It is fine the way it is.
LMAO. You are so lost that it's not even funny.

The game (John Madden Football 2011) does a TERRIBLE job at reproducing the 3-4 defensive scheme. Haloti Ngata's job is to fill gaps, block running lanes, and occupy offensive linemen so that the Ravens pass rushers (such as Terrell Suggs) have free running lanes to the QB and so the Ravens run stoppers (such as Ray Lewis) are not blocked by offensive linemen.

Haloti Ngata's job is not to fill a stat sheet. Find me footage of these offensive linemen who "dominate all game" against elite linemen such as Ngata. It doesn't exist. Ngata dominates linemen consistently when faced with one-on-one blocking matchups. He's double teamed frequently because in the real world offensive linemen know their assignments against different defensive line techniques.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »