Home

Keeping Playoff stats!!!

This is a discussion on Keeping Playoff stats!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #1
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Keeping Playoff stats!!!

I can never understand why they never programmed madden to keep postseason stats during the playoffs and SB aswell. I mean that is part of the NFL. I understand preseason stats don't mean anything. But post season does. How many would love to see madden allow you keep stats in the postseason like you would in the regular season?? So later on you can go back as season what kind of stats your players had in the past post seasons. This would be a nice little addon to in franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Keeping Playoff stats!!!

Post-Season stats are unofficial in the NFL as well. To save them would double the memory required to hang onto stats... If they're going to increase the memory allotment for stats, I'd much rather see deeper, more detailed regular season stats than to see post-season stats retained.

NFL Head Coach kept track of missed blocks, defeated blocks, rushing yardage up the middle, right, and left, deep, intermediate, and short passing yardage and completion percentage, missed tackles, blown assignments, etc.. I'd much rather see those regular season stats brought into Madden than have franchise mode save unofficial post-season stats.

Plus, Randy Orton is terrible, so your argument is invalid.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Post-Season stats are unofficial in the NFL as well. To save them would double the memory required to hang onto stats... If they're going to increase the memory allotment for stats, I'd much rather see deeper, more detailed regular season stats than to see post-season stats retained.

NFL Head Coach kept track of missed blocks, defeated blocks, rushing yardage up the middle, right, and left, deep, intermediate, and short passing yardage and completion percentage, missed tackles, blown assignments, etc.. I'd much rather see those regular season stats brought into Madden than have franchise mode save unofficial post-season stats.

Plus, Randy Orton is terrible, so your argument is invalid.
LOL I thought NFL kept NFL post season stats. I might be wrong. But oh well it was a decent idea. BTW bro why been so touchy bro. I just like Orton. Please don't get mad at me for been a Orton fan.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #4
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
LOL I thought NFL kept NFL post season stats. I might be wrong. But oh well it was a decent idea. BTW bro why been so touchy bro. I just like Orton. Please don't get mad at me for been a Orton fan.
;-) The NFL does keep post season stats, but they don't count toward a player's career totals. I.E. if you have 1,000 regular season receptions and 100 post-season receptions, you have 1,000 career receptions on the career leader list, not 1,100. Post-season leaders are a different category altogether, and they don't tend to be given a ton of press.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I'm just saying that there are bigger fish to fry. I would love the opportunity to try to break Fitzgerald's or Montana's post-season records and have it recognized in-game.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:18 PM   #5
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
I think they kept playoff stats on on Genesis versions, but once the playoffs started, the regular season stats were replaced by the playoff stats. It wasn't worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #6
Rookie

Keenan G.'s Arena

OVR: 0

It would be nice, but they need to fix other stuff first. Closed thread
Old 01-07-2011, 05:47 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

how about the fact of the importance of post-season stats in the NFL? They may be 'Unofficial' but Tom Brady is often considered better than Peyton Manning because of his play in the post season as compered to Mannings. Who's a better quarterback: Joe Montana or Dan Marino? How many players' contracts are augmented hugely because they are a guy who "can't get it done in the post season"? Or coaches (see Marty Schottenheimer). Also there are 11 post-season games. That's not even a full NFL week. Where is this idea it would double the memory coming from? If the NFL added 2 more weeks to the regular season would you want those stats omitted from the season end tally? How difficult or large of code do you think it would take to keep track of this? And if you have no idea, why would you even open your mouth on the subject? Again the excuses made for lazy Devs are caused by the consumer's ignorance and acceptance that "daddy knows best".

Of course post-season stats should be tracked. What ridiculous reasoning.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:21 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

I think they need a complete stat-overhaul. With the popularity of fantasy football these days, stats are a big deal.

I've always wanted them to keep playoff stats. I'm also all for 'advanced stats,' especially for the offensive line so that you can judge the players performance better (even a simple made up stat like 'successful run blocks' would be great). Things like passes defended, catches allowed, thrown against, receiving yards allowed, missed tackles, etc for defensive players would also be great.

I know it would take space, but I really think by this point in time we should be able to have stat pages that look like the ones on websites like nfl/com or espn where you can look at game logs as well as annual and career numbers...

I'm rambling, but yeah, not having postseason stats is a bit ridiculous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »