Home

Game play ok...repair other stuff....

This is a discussion on Game play ok...repair other stuff.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 06:27 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Game play ok...repair other stuff....

I'm wondering if anyone feels the same way. Having played this game for about a month now I feel that the game play is ok...not perfect mind you, but the closest it's been to old gen ever and of course it looks great. Rather than work on the animation more (trying to fix a leap or tackle or catch to look better) I'd personally settle for the same stuff next year IF they fixed and added to the presentation of the game.
How about a better pregame show, go back to the Fran Charles halftime show, better post game show, the Tony Bruno radio show for in franchise, different pregame cut scenes, a nicer superbowl pre, half and post game show. Fix the bugs in franchise mode etc.
Anyone agree. I'm not saying the game play is perfect and shouldn't be fixed but I'm finding that other stuff bothers me more at this point. I could live with it for another year if they fixed this stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2011, 06:42 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Game play ok...repair other stuff....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
I'm wondering if anyone feels the same way. Having played this game for about a month now I feel that the game play is ok...not perfect mind you, but the closest it's been to old gen ever and of course it looks great. Rather than work on the animation more (trying to fix a leap or tackle or catch to look better) I'd personally settle for the same stuff next year IF they fixed and added to the presentation of the game.
How about a better pregame show, go back to the Fran Charles halftime show, better post game show, the Tony Bruno radio show for in franchise, different pregame cut scenes, a nicer superbowl pre, half and post game show. Fix the bugs in franchise mode etc.
Anyone agree. I'm not saying the game play is perfect and shouldn't be fixed but I'm finding that other stuff bothers me more at this point. I could live with it for another year if they fixed this stuff.
Sorry, but I disagree. I definitely feel that the game is headed in the right direction, but there are still a lot of mechanical problems. I would rather see a more true to life representation of football before time is spent on the "frills."
Old 01-07-2011, 11:46 PM   #3
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
Does anyone else see something wrong with the bolded statement?
Old 01-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
OLD GEN nice job... we're making progress hehehehe... Hey, All I really what is a fully functional ONLINE franchise. Online and Offline franchise modes should be identical. I'm a buyer if that's in, simple.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #5
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Game play is OK? Not in my book. Offensive linemen ratings don't mean much at all for starters, and that is reflected in the game play. Strength ratings are useless. These are issues for human user.

When I see Hardwick, Center for Chargers, control Ngata all day, as I did in my last game, I want to throw up. Ngata in updated roster with 99 strength and pretty sure 99 power moves against Hardwick is such a mismatch it ain't funny. As long as there are glaring issues like this and others, the game play will never be OK.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2011, 01:17 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I think the game plays pretty decent. I also agree though that the line play is a let down. The Right Side Defensive end never gets any pressure. I play on All-Madden, and would I agree that I see very little difference between really good linemen and backups.

Also, some of the RB's may be a hair too fast. Like McFadden, he gets to the second level and he's always gone.

Also sometimes defenders literally almost stop if the Ball carrier turns inside on an outside run and then immediately goes back outside. If done it a couple times on accident and it kills the pusuit angles.

This game is so close to greatness, I hope they just shore up the known issues polish the game. I don't need any extra frills or features, kust fix all that is broken and they can gladly have my cash next year.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #7
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

As Vince Lombardi put it, "Football is only 2 things, blocking and tackling."
As long as line play is bad, the gameplay will be bad and even with pro-tak and improved run blocking being the focus the past two years, the game still misses badly in these areas.

They need to continue to work on everything. On top of gameplay being subpar to ps2, presentation is weak, audio is fractured and every game mode is very barren or completely unplayable.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
you're right it should be better but after a few years of crappy next gen play I feel they at least "caught up". I had Madden 07 and 08 on gamecube and got it to a point with slider help that it was really fun...not perfect, there's always an unrealistic quality to certain plays but good enough to have fun.
Now let's have some easy, already made, frills to make the game more fun to watch and listen to.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »