Home

So Madden QB's Equal Invincible?

This is a discussion on So Madden QB's Equal Invincible? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #17
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: So Madden QB's Equal Invincible?

I would like to see ability to check stamina for players on both teams.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #18
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
The game should have a injury system like in the wrestling video games. Some of it could be hidden, but some could be mentioned in updates by your Strength and Conditioning Coach/team doctor.

This would immensely help make the wear and tear of certain positions accurate. If your RB carried 300 times a season he should be worn out by the playoffs. That's why more teams use RB by committee.

It could also be tied into injuries. Your WR tears his ACL, he's done for the season and for two years his ACC and SPD take a hit in ratings. He would also be more susceptible to further injuries.

As the players age their bodies wear down, you lose the zip on your intermediate throws, the sacks start to knock you out for a series, not just a play.

It would add a great deal of dynamic story lines to the games.
Excellent post.

My friend and I were just talking about this very thing the other day.

Especially the part about a RB carrying 300 times a year, VS 2 running backs splitting 150 carries each.

I would love to see something like this in Madden, it would offer another layer of strategy you would need to consider.... Like in my Lions franchise I run Jahvid Best 90% of the time, when in real life that would be unlikely... If there were something in Madden like this, I would need to rely on Smith for more carries since I would wear down Best if I didnt.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #19
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

I don't think I would want to see more QB injuries but it WOULD BE nice to see a QB rattled if you get to him enough. That would be realistic and fun.

As for injuries in general... I have always wondered what logic went into Madden and injuries. I play as the Cowboys and even though I use Felix Jones more then Barber I keep Barber as the starter and sub Felix in for certain formations. My logic is that the second string guys are less likely to get hurt.

Do you guys think there is any truth to that or am I just fooling myself?

Old 01-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think they only do that so people dont have to play with their star qb hurt very often. if they had normal injury ratings they would probably get injured a lot more, because people hit the qb so often in madden
Old 01-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 8

Well for me it would make people (OLF) consider the risk of rolling out, or scrambling to often and taking those hits. Just feels like it would add a deeper level to the game, seeing alot of teams in (OLF's) with just one backup QB, and use that roster spot elsewhere.

You look around the league QB's get hurt regularly IF THEY AREN'T PROTECTED, or THEY SCRAMBLE AND TAKE UNNECESSARY HITS. If users are concerned with not being able to play with their star QB keep in your HB instead of spamming him to the flats, streaks, outs, and slants out of the backfied. Keep in your TE to help out etc. It really feels like people want all the reward with none of the risk. I can't tell you how often I see guys draft/trade for big WRs/TEs with high CIT and just force feed them with no real penalty, because the game drops INT's on a regular basis...but I've digressed.

Madden 12...give me realistic injury/carry ratings for QB's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #22
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogpoppinfresh
I think they only do that so people dont have to play with their star qb hurt very often. if they had normal injury ratings they would probably get injured a lot more, because people hit the qb so often in madden
So they're injury ratings are inflated? I never checked myself, but that would explain why they don't get hurt as often as they did last year.

And you're absolutely right that QBs get SMACKED in Madden. Good protection almost does you no good because the defenders hit the QBs so late, and most times with no roughing the passer call to boot! I know QBs get knocked around in IRL, but I don't think they get drilled as much as they do in Madden.

It's like the logic needs to be improved on the pass rushers so they can stop if they have enough space. That, or mo-cap some push animations so that defenders can get a hand on the QB rather than engage a full tackle.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #23
MVP

Molarmite's Arena

OVR: 13

I think one thing people are missing with the injury system is that a player is always either good to go or out. There are no probably, doubtful, or questionable tags. Maybe this will come with a more in depth franchise because right now it would be kind of worthless. But if we ever get some sort of pre-game gameplanning, it would add another level to not know if the opposing QB will play because he's listed as questionable.

My idea would be the CPU could designate the tag with doubtful leading to a 25% reduction in performance, questionable being 10%, etc and it's up to the user if they want to risk playing them or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »