Home

6 weeks into my first Madden 11 franchise

This is a discussion on 6 weeks into my first Madden 11 franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2011, 09:30 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: 6 weeks into my first Madden 11 franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
once the ball is hiked i would make it fade out then as soon as the play is over have it come back on. I wouldn't mind this

the ball should be the actual size it has only been mentioned 3 years straight
that it is too big please fix it. I believe they can't because somehow the ball is tied into player models, or something to that extent

the cpu A.I needs to run the ball even better. (They run a little better with a few "run block" adjustments on the A.I. sliders.)

the abillity to stiff arm or switch the ball to another hand and add a strip the ball rating as well as a button.
i would like to attempt to strip the ball from the ball runnner or when blitzing i would like to attempt to strip the qb. the way it is now i have to pray my running back will break a tackle. why stiff arm and the ability to change the ball is not in the game is beyond me.
I maybe misunderstanding, but "stiff arm" and "switch hands" is the A button. On defense I believe on XBOX LB is the "strip button"
..........Answers and comments in quote.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #18
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

This may be a placebo but comparing the game now to when it released, I see a better variety of challenges and outcomes. Anyone else agree?
Old 01-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulls23
This may be a placebo but comparing the game now to when it released, I see a better variety of challenges and outcomes. Anyone else agree?
No, I have not noticed anything better about it. Same ol' weird challenge system that plays the Jeopardy Theme after you pass the cutscenes.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:05 AM   #20
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

It does lack an immersion factor...I do have to keep track of what I'm doing in my head. But it's still fun on-field.

People compare it to the "other game" but I had to do the same thing there...
Old 01-15-2011, 07:14 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Gus Johnson is underwhelming. I knew I wouldn't like it right when they named him the new guy because I don't like him as a play-by-play guy in real life. Give me Kenny Albert, Joe Buck, or even Mike Tirico over Johnson.

Ultimately, I would hope that EA would go with voice actors instead of feeling the pressure to go with real broadcasters. Real broadcasters get their excitement and their appeal during a live play that unravels before their very eyes. It is very difficult to mimic it in a video game. Although, NFL 2K and NBA 2K do a pretty good job. NFL because they used voice actors. NBA because they spent a lot of time and resources on it.

I guess Madden has just used the majority of resources over the past year on online things like MUT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 36

Eek. No thanks on Joe Buck. Gus would be fine if it wasn't so forced sounding. Perhaps even dropping his voice audio -1 or 2 dB is enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »