Home

ITS OFFICIAL, I HATE THIS GAME WITH A BLEEPING PASSION!!

This is a discussion on ITS OFFICIAL, I HATE THIS GAME WITH A BLEEPING PASSION!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 11:55 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: ITS OFFICIAL, I HATE THIS GAME WITH A F#CKING PASSION!!

Personally I love this game.....

But that is JUST ME!!!
Old 08-15-2003, 12:04 AM   #18
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
You hate a videogame with a passion?

lol.......tell me about it.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:11 AM   #19
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:

TheMatrix31 said:
Quote:

NYJets37 said:
You hate a videogame with a passion?

lol.......tell me about it.

Something must be wrong for him then.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:13 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

I feel so bad right now to cause i got the game on monday and now i cant take it back and i watsed 50 bucks on owner mode 2004. This game is just impossible i tried sliders and its just bad. Vick might as well be barry sanders with dan marinio's arm. I got some stats for u guys using all pro no adjusted sliders 9 min quaters, played the falcons vick's stats were 24-27 222 10 car 198. Ea dispoints me so many things wrong with the gameplay last year and this year they decide to give us owner mode 2004 to make everything better instead of improveing gameplay. I have to suffer with madden now and espn will be geting a lot of rents out of me.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:18 AM   #21
Banned

man take your time with game..geez
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2003, 12:26 AM   #22
Rookie

In my first game against Atlanta with Carolina, I held Vick to 15 of 28 for 143 yards passing. He rushed 4 times for 57 yards. One of his runs was a 40 yarder. I won the game 31 to 10. I don't understand all of the problems people are having with this version. I think it's the best yet.
Old 08-15-2003, 06:12 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ITS OFFICIAL, I HATE THIS GAME WITH A BLEEPING PASSION!!

Whoa..Whoa..Whoa fellas! Come on now. Although EA has pretty much done the same thing (year after year), they have some great features. Although I'm a Sega (ESPN) nut, every year my brother (Highpressure) and I purchase Madden simply because we used to be EA all the way. We want to see if EA will really buckle down and give us what we know they can.

With that said, they have given us a few cool features which I actually enjoy. If u know how to use the playmaker control, u will find that it's effective. Now it does have it's blurps now and then but for the most part, it's pretty effective. Owner mode is cool. Franchise is deeper etc..etc..

However. I do have to say this. Just like u guys are dissappointed, so are we to a degree. But again, we purchased the game to play it, test it and now we can do our (legitimate) comparisons to ESPN (unlike a lot of those "testers" who claim that Madden is the best game this year and only play a few games or have looked only at the features).

I think the game is cool but agree with those who say that it's time for a change. I've been saying this for the past 2-3 years.

Oh by the way, $50 bucks is fifty bucks. Any money spent on anything is hard earned.
Old 08-15-2003, 06:48 AM   #24
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28
Re: ITS OFFICIAL, I HATE THIS GAME WITH A BLEEPING PASSION!!

Okay first of all...I don't know what the hell you guys are complaining about!

You asshats wanted improved DB AI...FIXED!
You wanted the suction blocking/pancake improved...FIXED!
You wanted realistic scores and stats...FIXED!

Now all you have to do is play realistic football SON!!!!

You think you can throw hailmary's all game long into triple coverage and come down with it? NOPE!

You think you can get the bullet pass past Champ Baily or Charles Woodson? NOPE!

You think you can use an all out blitz on Mike Vick or McNabb? NOPE!

This is the real NFL SON, if you can't take it...well stick to Madden 2003.

This is prolly the best madden in last 8 or 9 years. I'm not gonna best ever b/c I haven't played it that long.

What? what's the problem?

Quote:

feel like im playing pinball when i run through the middle.

Don't hold the A or X button like it's the only way to run, use it wisely. NEXT!!!!

Quote:

The roster bug is definetely a gamebreaker for me.

Isn't this against the OS ten commandments? The f'n game is still playable!!!!!

Quote:

the franchise mode is great but there more bugs in this game than an African jungle

No idea what your talking about, but I'm in week 10 in a dog fight for 1st place in the AFC east with my Bills.

Quote:

Vick might as well be barry sanders with dan marinio's arm. I got some stats for u guys using all pro no adjusted sliders 9 min quaters, played the falcons vick's stats were 24-27 222 10 car 198. Ea dispoints me so many things wrong with the gameplay last year and this year they decide to give us owner mode 2004 to make everything better instead of improveing gameplay

WRONG not EA's fault, it's your fault SON!!!!

When playing a speedy QB like Mike Vike use and ONLY use one set of defense...THE SPY! Use the Double spy, spy him from the outside, spy him from the inside, hell I'm pretty sure there is a DB spy. If you think you can blitz vick to death and get away with it, like biggie used to say your DEAD WRONG!

I really don't mean to be a prick, but jesus fellas your damned if you do, damned it you don't. In my eyes, EA has stepped it up, and just b/c you can't handle the new learning curve (and yes it IS new) don't say it's b/c of a BUG or that it's a rushed product. Think about it, Madden is EA's flagship title...this is the game that sets the tone for the rest of EA's lineup that comes out in the fall/winter. There's no way there gonna let it ship with a few bugs. Granted that roster bug is a pain in the ***, but I'm sure EA will fix it.

Bottom line, all of those great reviews from websites (ign 9.5, Gamespot 9.1, Gamepro 5.0, EGM all 9's, GMR 9, and so on) can't be wrong. This game RULES, you just have to play smart football on EVERY DOWN. You cannot be stupid with your play calling, mix it up and you'll have some success.

End of semi-rant!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »