Home

How do you guys play this game?

This is a discussion on How do you guys play this game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2003, 12:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
How do you guys play this game?

Let me start off by saying that this is my first time playing Madden since the advent of momentum.

On to my question:

How do you guys play this game? The momentum is far worse than I imagined. How do you play defense with this momentum? I just can't figure out how you can call this realistic football. I love learning curves and all but this game is ridulously unrealistic. I'm even having a hard time finding any redeeming value with Madden. I mean, the graphics are cartoony and completely ruin the mood, and then the gameplay is completely underwhelming, and now the franchise mode is even taking a hit with the roster bugs. Maybe I've been spoiled by playing NFL 2K3, but then again, that game had a myriad of problems, as well. At the least, however, NFL2K3 felt like football, and it was a lot of fun.

Ah well. I'm pretty sure I'll be taking Madden back soon. The problem is, I have a GC and, as you know, ESPN 2K4 won't come out for the GC this year.

On a side note, if a sympathetic, altrustic soul wants to give me an Xbox, please let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2003, 12:27 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: How do you guys play this game?

you can play defense. you have to work at, do you want to be able to pop it in and just start winning....work at it.... its takes effort
Old 08-15-2003, 12:28 AM   #3
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

You could dive 5 yards in NFL 2K3, that alone takes a ton of football feeling the game. Go to your local teams practice, the defensive coaches will say square up and drive your body into the runner...and only dive when making close contact isn't a possibility...which is how madden works. You could also catch people you have no buisness catching in NFL 2K3...in real football once the offensive guy gets a lane/angle to sprint too they're long gone.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:35 AM   #4
Banned

most people who complain don't know football i think...i mean my god i have been playing /waching football for 20 years....i tried to play nfl2k3....its terrible......madden is real.its hard....its fun
Old 08-15-2003, 12:38 AM   #5
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

yoyo said:
most people who complain don't know football i think...i mean my god i have been playing /waching football for 20 years....i tried to play nfl2k3....its terrible......madden is real.its hard....its fun

I completely disagree.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2003, 12:42 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:

Erv said:
You could dive 5 yards in NFL 2K3, that alone takes a ton of football feeling the game. Go to your local teams practice, the defensive coaches will say square up and drive your body into the runner...and only dive when making close contact isn't a possibility...which is how madden works. You could also catch people you have no buisness catching in NFL 2K3...in real football once the offensive guy gets a lane/angle to sprint too they're long gone.

Madden 2004 is way too offensive minded this year for both the user and CPU. Have you not noticed this? Face it, games where each team routinely scores more than 40 points each is NOT real football. This is the problem with this years Madden unfortunately.
Old 08-15-2003, 12:48 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:

I completely disagree.

and your allowed too, but doesn't mean i csre
Old 08-15-2003, 12:49 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:

Madden 2004 is way too offensive minded this year for both the user and CPU. Have you not noticed this? Face it, games where each team routinely scores more than 40 points each is NOT real football. This is the problem with this years Madden unfortunately

played 16 games....2 times i had 40 points scored

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »