Home

Probable/Questionable/Doubtful

This is a discussion on Probable/Questionable/Doubtful within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Probable/Questionable/Doubtful

Has anyone else noticed that there is no probable,questionable, or doubtful injuries outside of single games? Like i drafted Andrew Luck and he herniated a disk in his back and is out for 5 weeks. 5 weeks later he is right back to 100% and ready to play. I remember in the old madden's he would most likely have been questionable for a game or 2 before being fully healthy. I really like that and it adds more realism to the game. If i chose to play him after 5 weeks he would see a dimish in overall rating and be more likely to get injured again. What do you guys think about this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 02:21 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Probable/Questionable/Doubtful

I've often thought this would add so much to presentation. Like, before a game, just like we see on Sundays, you get these three categories you talk about about both teams.

Also, you can then gameplan better knowing who's in and who's out.

I like your idea as well.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Add it to the list of things that last gen had that have been removed.

I really hope they bring it back.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:14 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Yeah I love having week to week injuries and having to make decisions on who to play. If you look at any NFL team's injury report, you will see a lot of guys listed as probable, questionable, or doubtful. It's silly to allow a guy to just come back 100% off a serious injury.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
Rookie

Yeah and have a more wide variety of injuries. Like every serious injury i have seen has been either broken collarbone or torn pectoral muscle. Those are not very common injuries. I have yet to see any torn acl's or more common injuries like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #6
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I think the NHL game has a pretty good model for injuries.

The injuries are categorized as either "Playable" or "Unplayable". And you can view the ratings drop caused by the certain injury. And decide if the ratings affected, is worth risking further injury. Also as each calender day passes...the ratings drop lessons. What's kinda neat is, at times, players will heal faster than the expected time to be fully recovered...and other times not.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:08 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I think the NHL game has a pretty good model for injuries.

The injuries are categorized as either "Playable" or "Unplayable". And you can view the ratings drop caused by the certain injury. And decide if the ratings affected, is worth risking further injury. Also as each calender day passes...the ratings drop lessons. What's kinda neat is, at times, players will heal faster than the expected time to be fully recovered...and other times not.
That sounds pretty good. I don't remember much about 2k5's injury system, but I do remember I played as the Steelers in a dynasty once. Joey Prter was very good at the time, but had a bad knee injury. When he came back from the injury the next season he was still like 15-20 points worse than before the injury and never got any better. At the time I was actually pretty upset about it, but it was a cool and realistic feature since a lot of players never come back from serious knee injuries like that. In Madden or NCAA, the effects of the injury only last as long as the prediction on the injury list states. Not too realistic.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #8
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
That sounds pretty good. I don't remember much about 2k5's injury system, but I do remember I played as the Steelers in a dynasty once. Joey Prter was very good at the time, but had a bad knee injury. When he came back from the injury the next season he was still like 15-20 points worse than before the injury and never got any better. At the time I was actually pretty upset about it, but it was a cool and realistic feature since a lot of players never come back from serious knee injuries like that. In Madden or NCAA, the effects of the injury only last as long as the prediction on the injury list states. Not too realistic.
The example you mention here Steelers, is a very in depth and realistic way of portraying serious injuries.

This kind of depth really adds a great layer of realism to a sports game. It adds a lot to any franchise mode if injuries are handled in a realistic way. Providing the User with decisions to make about when/if to play injured players...and risk further injury. It adds nicely to the storyline in your head.

Last edited by Vikes1; 01-13-2011 at 10:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »