Home

Too Many Pancakes?

This is a discussion on Too Many Pancakes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2003, 05:47 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 17
Re: Too Many Pancakes?

Quote:

wco81 said:
I wasn't complaining about it necessarily. As long as they're evenly distributed for both teams, there would not be an unfair advantage as far as gameplay goes. However, I did hear someone else say one linemen got 20 by himself.

My main point was that it seems high for the NFL. Like I said before, if defensive players were getting blown away by blockers like that, they probably lose their jobs.

WCO will probably fall over in shock by this.

KymeraGB

He is simply discussing if there are too many pancakes. Unlike others he provides some information and stats to present his argument. He did not use "this game suxor" or "this game blows". It was discussion of a topic related to the game, which is why this forum exists.

So get off his balls and jumping down his *** for asking a question. If you can explain how there are not too many then please do so. Otherwise stay the heck out of the topic.

I swear some people are now so jaded to "their game" and idioicy that is spewed on forums that you can no longer see the difference between an honest complaint/question and just flat out crap.

End of rant..
Old 08-15-2003, 05:52 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 17

Oh and don't use the lords name in vain on these forums. It is considered profanity.
Old 08-15-2003, 05:57 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'd rather have too many pancakes compared to none like last year's version. It's much easier to enjoy what's great about this game rather than constantly nitpicking the number of pancakes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2003, 09:23 AM   #12
Rookie

I seem to have a serious pancake problem. All of my linemen are accumulating them way too fast. Heck, one game Flozell Adams had 29! I did run the ball a lot that game, but still. My run block slider is set at 10, and I think the CPU break block slider is at 11 or 12. What is going on here? I'll be interested to see how my linemen progress at the end of the year, but at this point it looks like I have the reverse of last year's pancake problem. This is on the Xbox, btw.
Old 08-17-2003, 09:44 AM   #13
JmE
Rookie

My entire O-line is in the pro bowl (Only 2 of them are in line to start) and my center is about to win OL of the year. I'm not complaining...
Old 08-17-2003, 10:18 AM   #14
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

I don't get too many pancakes. I think it looks fine.

The most I've seen in one game is 7. But, I've had games where my leading offensive lineman had 3.

It's finally nice to have a guy that's on the leaderboard in pancakes.

Now, if only my tackles could stop being so evenly spread out. Almost impossible to have a guy get 100 tackles b/c everyone gets tackles. I dont even know how this could be fixed. Could just be the defenses I'm runnin.
Old 08-17-2003, 10:36 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

My biggest question is, is this an irrelevant stat category anyways? Maybe not for madden, but in general it is. When I look on ESPN.com, nfl.com, foxsports.com, cbssportsline ect, I see no stats such as pancake blocks for offensive linemen. I know it was something that people complained about, but I never really kept up with it because the league itself doesn't And they say if it is in the game But I do agree with wco, I played an online game with the Ravens and Ogden have 17 Pancakes??????????? I was like well if he had that many pancakes how the hell was that guy not taken out on a stretcher that was lined up in front of him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2003, 11:12 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:

JmE said:
My entire O-line is in the pro bowl (Only 2 of them are in line to start) and my center is about to win OL of the year. I'm not complaining...

If my entire OL is in the pro bowl, I actually have to complain. I'm starting 2 rookies - no way are they better than some of the vets in the league that are rated 20 points higher in OVR.

Right now, half way through the season, Adams has 100+ pancakes. Something is wrong. I'm playing 8 min. quarters with all blocking/break block sliders close to normal (pass blocking is a few clicks higher but I only pass about 40% of the time).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »