Home
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #17
49ers
 
adembroski's Arena
 
OVR: 43
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Prescott, AZ
Posts: 5,587
Blog Entries: 20
Re: Cam Newton!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primerica
Cam is a beast man, he will have to adjust to playing in a pro style and making reads but he has the ability and the talent to become a great in the NFL. I don't trust Madden in terms of rating him. You guys rated Vick a 68 and 74. Vick should have been much higher. I think after the combine and draft Cam should be a 77 as a rookie. He has the speed, agility, elusiveness, arm and the talent. But something like deep ball accuracy will be low and his Awareness should probably be in the 50-60's as a rookie. His potential needs to be a 99.
Vick as a 68-74 when he was coming out of VaTech makes perfect sense to me. He was a strong armed quarterback who could run, but he hadn't proven he could read (as in college he made one read and ran) and hadn't shown particularly good accuracy.

I don't think people have given Reid and the Eagle's coaching staff enough credit with Vick. They've shored up his approach and his technique is better. Now, maybe someone gets a hold of Cam that can help him in that way, but I don't think Cam comes close to Vick's natural ability, so I don't think coaching can get him to that level.

I think that'll come through in the scouting. Cam will drop... he'll have a good combine, but a great 40 does not a great QB make. He'll go in the 2nd-3rd round. Unless Josh McDaniels gets another job.
__________________
There are two types of people on OS: Those who disagree with me, and those who agree.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
adembroski is offline  
Old 01-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #18
MVP
 
Blitz1942's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Menomonie,Wisconsin
Re: Cam Newton!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
He'll go in the 2nd-3rd round. Unless Josh McDaniels gets another job.
Reading your post, I was thinking "McDaniels would love Newton." Then I read that and lol'd.
Blitz1942 is offline  
Old 01-19-2011, 09:56 PM   #19
Banned
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jan 2010
Re: Cam Newton!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetCarp
Jamarcus Russel v2
Thats a good one.
lofeazy is offline  
Old 01-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #20
MVP
 
Hova57's Arena
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Cam Newton!!

I think Cam will be similar to how the jet use Brad smith. which by the way if he plays expect to see a pass from him for the like in the Colts game this year in wilcat formation.

Last edited by Hova57; 01-20-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Hova57 is offline  
Old 01-20-2011, 06:17 PM   #21
Rookie
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Nov 2007
Re: Cam Newton!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Vick as a 68-74 when he was coming out of VaTech makes perfect sense to me. He was a strong armed quarterback who could run, but he hadn't proven he could read (as in college he made one read and ran) and hadn't shown particularly good accuracy.

I don't think people have given Reid and the Eagle's coaching staff enough credit with Vick. They've shored up his approach and his technique is better. Now, maybe someone gets a hold of Cam that can help him in that way, but I don't think Cam comes close to Vick's natural ability, so I don't think coaching can get him to that level.

I think that'll come through in the scouting. Cam will drop... he'll have a good combine, but a great 40 does not a great QB make. He'll go in the 2nd-3rd round. Unless Josh McDaniels gets another job.
Let's Madden wage that statement. If he's in the top 10, then you and Donny will have to give Cam Newton a 99 in potential. If he isn't, I will buy Madden and post the pic. I haven't bought Madden since several years just to add. Do you want to continue the bet.

Quote:
I don't think people have given Reid and the Eagle's coaching staff enough credit with Vick. They've shored up his approach and his technique is better. Now, maybe someone gets a hold of Cam that can help him in that way, but I don't think Cam comes close to Vick's natural ability, so I don't think coaching can get him to that level.
That's the problem, you are thinking and not watching or analyzing the film. If you break down his film, you will see that Cam is a total playmaker. Has total control of the game. He is a threat to run and throw in the best of ways. Honestly, if you really think what you are saying about Cam, I am not sure I trust the EA hiring methods of personnel. Any serious and unbiased scout can tell you Cam has a great arm, amazing running ability, phenomenal elusiveness for his size, and excellent pocket presence which is extremely rare for a mobile QB.

Honestly, Vick was always that talented. I watched every game in Atlanta. He just wasn't good at reading the blitz and more importantly was terrible v. disguises. It was mainly Vick work ethic and talent around him that changed during his time in Philadelphia. To say it's Reid shows me again that I question EA hiring process if you are really saying this. I expect this from a noob on a message board, but not one who has input in something millions look to for false ability look ups as if it's Wikipedia.

Another thing, he is much more talented than Tebow. That sided comment won't fly here bud. I could go play by play and breakdown a lot of film with you but I won't. Either way, PM me if the wage is on.

By the way, Dan Morgan was one of the highest rated rookies in Madden 02 and where is he now. He would always become a 99 too while Vick would wander around a 70-something with his speed in the mid 80's. Good going guys

You guys love underrating mobile QB's. The only one you overrated was Vince Young, why I don't know? He was never that good. His production was eerily similar to Colt McCoy and never looked that great with the exception of the USC game who also had a weak defense at the time. Elusiveness should be the most important feature for a mobile QB. It's what truly separates the Cam Newton's and Vick's from the T. Jackson's and V. Young's of the world. Young is arguably faster than any QB other than Vick but unless he gets to the outside, his running ability is just mediocre.

Last edited by Primerica; 01-20-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Primerica is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 09:56 AM   #22
MVP
 
Hova57's Arena
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Cam Newton!!

Under Andy Reid Vick did change they change his footwork, made him bend his knees more . Couple that with his new found work ethic is what changed for Vick. I don't know what Madden you played , but when Vick was a rookie he was ridiculous . Everyone ran with him and passed. You seem like your bias is for Cam. Fact of the matter is he will be a 2nd or 3 rd round pick. Teams that are in need of a qb will take Mallet, Missouri qb locker before Cam. Dealing with a mobile qb takes patience from the coach and I don't think that's something coaches have.
Hova57 is offline  
Old 01-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #23
Banned
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Apr 2010
Re: Cam Newton!!

^^^Are you stupid? He's projected as a top 10 pick.....he's strong and fast, so I don't see how he will have even remotely close to even an average combine. He's a Tim Tebow that can throw....
fhhs63 is offline  
Old 01-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame
 
Jarodd21's Arena
 
OVR: 42
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 10,562
Re: Cam Newton!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
Under Andy Reid Vick did change they change his footwork, made him bend his knees more . Couple that with his new found work ethic is what changed for Vick. I don't know what Madden you played , but when Vick was a rookie he was ridiculous . Everyone ran with him and passed. You seem like your bias is for Cam. Fact of the matter is he will be a 2nd or 3 rd round pick. Teams that are in need of a qb will take Mallet, Missouri qb locker before Cam. Dealing with a mobile qb takes patience from the coach and I don't think that's something coaches have.
Cam Newton is gonna be a top 10 pick unless he has a bad combine and pro day. Locker isn't even in the top QB discussion. Gibbert, Newton, then Mallet. Locker is going in the 2nd round. If Newton has a good pro day and combine he might pass up Gibbert. There is no way Newton will fall to then 2nd round.
Jarodd21 is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:36 PM.

Top -