Home

Cam Newton!!

This is a discussion on Cam Newton!! within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #33
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Cam Newton!!

I think Jake Locker's stock will rise, and Cam's will fall tremendously.

After watching the Championship Game, I wasn't too convinced that Cam could play QB at an efficient level.

In fact, he doesn't even look all that athletic. Sure he strong and fast. But, comparing him to Michael Vick? SMH...
Old 01-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 6

But to say he's not even a 1st rounder? Pfffft.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:07 PM   #35
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhhs63
But to say he's not even a 1st rounder? Pfffft.
He might be drafted in the first round, but I think that'll be a stretch pick and he'll be a bust. He has a college football skill set. I don't see the mental tools or the accuracy to succeed at the NFL level.

Now, as far as the mental side of things, he hasn't really had a chance to display whether or not he has those, so it doesn't mean he lacks them, only that it'll take time for him to learn them. He hasn't shown a lot of decisiveness against elite defenses... compared to college football, every NFL defense is elite.

The accuracy thing... maybe it's a mechanical issue that can be ironed out. Some QBs can develop accuracy with good coaching. Most can't. The NFL requires far better accuracy than the NCAA does. Windows are smaller, big plays tend to come after the catch, which doesn't happen if the receiver has to slow down or adjust to the pass.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jWILL10
I think Jake Locker's stock will rise, and Cam's will fall tremendously.

After watching the Championship Game, I wasn't too convinced that Cam could play QB at an efficient level.

In fact, he doesn't even look all that athletic. Sure he strong and fast. But, comparing him to Michael Vick? SMH...
I guess you was impressed with Lockers performance this season?
Old 01-22-2011, 01:34 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuruptOwnz
Did you even watch the National Championship game? Overthrowing and missing wide open receivers the entire game.

By the way, commenting on someones mental ability is appalling when used as a defense because one doesn't have an argument.

One game can't compare to the whole season of passing and running threw SEC defenses and I still don't think he played that bad of a game coming off a month layoff. He missed a few threws but you make seem as if he stunk up the joint. He made big runs and throws in that game.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:16 PM   #38

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

This thread stopped being about Madden awhile ago and there are plenty of threads in both of the appropriate forums to discuss this.

Last edited by kehlis; 01-22-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »