Home

How can I make franchise challenging?

This is a discussion on How can I make franchise challenging? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 01-18-2011, 02:31 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: How can I make franchise challenging?

15, 15, 14, 14. Gameflow. This has worked for seasons and still no superbowl.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 18

How I make my Redskins chise' interesting and fun is that I play all my divisional games (6) and only two other games of choice. Basically, play 8 and sim 8 games. Currently in my second year I just made the playoffs, because some teams lost that put me over.

Scouting, I don't use the tools provided by Madden, only draft day info. In my second year I drafted my QB of the future Abraham (80 overall, I was shocked), franchise O-lineman Dembroski (80+ overall depending on which part of the line you play him), and a DT Hatcher with A potential, but low overall (I believe he is gonna be a beast in 2 to 3 years).
Old 01-18-2011, 03:56 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

I switch controller to CPU vs CPU before every special teams play.

Now for how to run the franchise....

1. You can only re-sign players before the season at the default contract. If they 1 year left and you let them play it out then you have to let them hit the FA market, unless you tag him.
2. In free agency you can only offer them default contract. If someone offers better then offer them the new default. Sometimes they'll take it, sometimes they won't.

No scouting rookies.

Only use the trade block for trades.

The best a 95+ can get you is a #1
The best a 90-94 can get you is a #2
The best a 85-89 can get you is a #3
84 and below gets you nothing.

Go to the trade block and see what's the most you can get, then apply the above the rules. For example, if the Bears will give you a #1 for an 87 but the Panthers will only give you a #3, you have to take the #3 from the Bears.

You can only trade for players on the other team's trade block.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have owned madden since the day it came outit disappointed me, and I never took the gameplanning seriously, I barely used it. I love NCAA 11 to death, but I felt like doing something different and threw madden in. I decided to try gameflow with hard sliders, and started a franchise with the bears. I was shocked what a challenge it was. I started the season 1-3. After getting used to gameflow, I'm currently 5-5, but the only game I won that wasn't close was against the lions, and I've been blown out twice. Gameflow with hard sliders definetly makes the game a challenge. I'm having a lot of fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »